For Sale Cessna 170 Raffle

Brad W

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
BLW2
I came across this raffle. Looks like a very nice restoration. $50 entry
https://rafflecreator.com/pages/40508/ernie-hall-aviation-museum-cessna-170-raffle#payment-fo
I haven't noticed mention of it here, so the wings of hope raffle discussion made me think to share the info here for you folks.
I doubt I could realistically get a hangar and it seems to me that it would be a shame to store this outdoors.... but then again I suppose rag wings can hold up just fine outdoors, and it doesn't have a wooden spar. Maybe I should buy a ticket now that I think about it.....
Still it would be a shame to keep it outside all the time.

Anyway, I have no affiliation with this museum, and I don't know anything about this airplane...or for that matter ever heard of the place before finding this raffle

ha ha...yeah I thought of that too...but then when I read the rules I see that they won't draw if they don't sell enough tickets. Of course they don't seem to show how many have been sold. But in the end, I figured it would be better to share with you good folks here.

They will delay the drawing until they sell 3,700 tickets. I think I might be in for 2.

I bet if you got a tie down and did some networking…you’d find a hangar opportunity quicker than you think. Get some wing covers and fly it weekly. Being on the field gets your foot in the door. Make some friends.

interesting...I didn't notice that lack of toe brakes.

Well the first problem is that you need to sign an agreement that they don't seem to link to. Not the liability agreement, the museum one. What if they have a clause like 'you must make the plane available for tours one weekend a month' or somesuch

Animal rescues are famouse for putting garbage demands in their contracts to adopt a dog.

Back