Cessna 150 down in CO

Ren, that crash in NC didn't involve a stall, but a simple flipover from landing perpendicular to the plowed rows. Aircraft not equipped with a shoulder harness and pilot sustained head injuries and a broken neck. One of our IAC 19 guys is with the Greensboro FSDO and worked that crash. I've always been a fan of shoulder harnesses in airplanes.

I just walked away from an argument with a friend over shoulder harnesses. We both have cherokee 180s, serial numbers about 2 months apart. First thing I did when I bought it, 15 yrs ago, was install shoulder harnesses.

Every time this is brought up to my friend, he claims the installation of the after market harnesses, despite the STC, degrade the structural integrity of the airplane and he refuses.

Unsafe attitude. At least in my opinion.

I just walked away from an argument with a friend over shoulder harnesses. We both have cherokee 180s, serial numbers about 2 months apart. First thing I did when I bought it, 15 yrs ago, was install shoulder harnesses.

Every time this is brought up to my friend, he claims the installation of the after market harnesses, despite the STC, degrade the structural integrity of the airplane and he refuses.

That is because he has never been in a high velocity accident... One thing I did was re -enforce the mounting points for all my belts in my experimental.... Those thoughts are left over from my racing days...

Belts WILL save you.... the more, the better...:yes::yes:

Ugh. I rented a plane that didn't have shoulder harnesses. I got out of that deal as quickly as I could - like right after the checkout flight where I discovered it didn't have shoulder harnesses.

I considered that possibility but figured that 182 looked pretty well maintained / upgraded and there was no way it didn't have shoulder harnesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back