Certified plane manufacturers need to borrow some of the medical lobbyists

bigred177

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
bigred
This has been the case for a while now but it's my first time coming across it. I had a client with an implanted defibrillator suffer a lead fracture. It shocked him 30 times and thankfully didn't kill him. He came to me wondering what his options are. After looking around, evidently once your product has been "blessed" by the FDA it is extremely hard to sue individually, "so we don't stifle innovation." Thanks to the Supreme Court and lack of action by Congress, you're screwed.

I'm sitting here thinking the whole time about stories of Cessna being held liable for a 60 year old part that's been serviced by 50 different people. Sounds like if "blessing" by the FDA is sufficient to shield medical device manufacturers from liability, "blessing" by the FAA should be sufficient as well.

I'm a little disgusted right now. This was a widespread problem, and actually killed people. Be grateful, you gave your life for innovation.

If it is legal to kill people with FDA approved devices it must be morally OK/sarcasm

Back