Certificate Issue Time Frame

• Thread starter NorthernCalC172Student
  • Start date
N

NorthernCalC172Student

Hello fellow aviators!

After an 18 month journey, I was finally issued my 3rd Class in March 2020...which expires June 2020!

I went to my AME/HIMS on June 22nd, passing my medical with flying colors. Due to the language on the letter, she couldn't directly issue me the certificate. She called OK and fought hard and it was "issued."

The FAA website appears to suggest I'm good to go (updated with Medical in June 2020).

The AME called me the day after, telling me to expect an email from the FAA and to "just print out the certificate."

Does this seem accurate? I called the AME office Thursday and I was told to call the FAA...of course I couldn't get through....

What is the time frame to get my certificate in the mail? email??

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Try calling the office of your regional flight surgeon.

Several PoA folk have reported receiving a higher quality of help via their RFS when OKC was not as helpful.

Try calling the office of your regional flight surgeon.

Several PoA folk have reported receiving a higher quality of help via their RFS when OKC was not as helpful.
In the OP's case (assuming he is in Northern California), that would be Stephen W. Griswold, M.D.
Stephen W. Griswold, M.D., Regional Flight Surgeon
Federal Aviation Administration
Aerospace Medicine Division, AWP-300
777 S. Aviation Blvd, Suite 150
El Segundo, CA 90245
(424) 405-7640
Fax: (424) 405-7631

UPDATE: I awoke at 646AM PST to call OKC....got RIGHT on the phone with someone!

She was very polite and quick. After a few keystrokes and a brief hold she was able to confirm that it was "in the works" and should be emailed out later today or the day after...

Ok....so we wait....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back