Century IIB Autopilot

jmuratore

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jmuratore
Hi All,

Been flying around in my new 1977 Arrow III, and I am loving it.

Minor issues that are bugging me with the autopilot.
I've read the manual thrice over and cannot seem to get it to track any of the nav modes.
No matter what setting I have the 5 selector switch set to it will only track the heading bug it appears(so far that I can tell).

Is it possible the switch is just broken and its just stuck on the HDG mode?

Does anyone know what kind of price range it is to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Mine is finnicky on tracking a nav. You're supposed to have the heading bug within a certain number of degrees in order for it to capture. I just use it as a heading bug follower. Good enough for government work. Cheaper than a new one! :D

Make sure you have the heading bug set to approximate your course. The autopilot uses the heading bug to help align itself with the nav course, then deviates as necessary from the heading bug for wind correction.

Ah ok, this might have been my issue, will let you all know!

Make sure you have the heading bug set to approximate your course. The autopilot uses the heading bug to help align itself with the nav course, then deviates as necessary from the heading bug for wind correction.
I had the same problem with mine. I would couple the gps to the autopilot and it would wander all over the place. Once I got the plane on the correct heading using the heading mode I could switch over to nav mode and she would stay right on course to destination no problem.

Mine had the opposite problem. It tracked a nav just fine, but it would wobble all over the place in heading bug mode.

Back