Century 1 AP service

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
The Century 1 AP in the swift has gone kaput. The turn coordinator does not move, just stays fixed when you move the tail of the plane. The main unit looks very easy to remove and send out for service. Does anyone specialize in repairing these old autopilots?

Give Autopilots Central in Tulsa a call. Century in Mineral Wells, TX prolly still works on'em too.

Sounds like you may just need a turn coordinator repair?

You could try Rudy Aircraft Insturments in Arkansas, they did a Century turn coordinator for me not too long ago.

Check the connections. Those Century I's are famous for a lousy connector. There is a fix with someone that knows how. Any avionics shop should be able to check that.

Give Autopilots Central in Tulsa a call. Century in Mineral Wells, TX prolly still works on'em too.

Autopilots Central is a good choice.

These days I would not bother with Century. Absolute goons. The owner passed away within the last year and the whole operation is in disarray. I was there in the fall to deal with a Century IV problem in the Baron. They basically swapped a coupler without tracing the circuit to see why it failed in the first place. Then when it blew a second time, they wanted ME to pay for it. Having seen their operation first hand, it is scary that they actually make new autopilots in that facility. Very unprofessional outfit.

The Century 1 AP in the swift has gone kaput. The turn coordinator does not move, just stays fixed when you move the tail of the plane. The main unit looks very easy to remove and send out for service. Does anyone specialize in repairing these old autopilots?

In addition to Autopilots Central, you might try taking it to Sparkchasers. They are close to you at Johnston (JNX). They do a lot of avionics work and I believe some autopilot stuff.

Back