Central Florida Meet up Mid Jan

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
How about the 10th or the 17th? I fly out of KORL and would be interested in possible lunch somewhere. What's good within say 1 to 1 1/2 hours by C-172?

Who's interested?

John

If you venture east/north I may shoot down for it. Been looking for an excuse for a xCo.

Count me in ! Where ? I'm at KLAL. KGIF has a nice restaurant.

Cheers

If you venture east/north I may shoot down for it. Been looking for an excuse for a xCo.

How far east/north would we have to go for you to come?

John

How far east/north would we have to go for you to come?

John

KGIF might be a little far for my liking. I have family based at X50 so I can loop in a stop there to say hello. I'm VFR only, so the further I get from home base the less chance I have to come back the same day, keeping fairly close to X50 gives me an easy out if weather goes south.

Also if it's the 10th I'll have my 4yr. old with me, shorter trips are more conducive with him.

Edit: Isn't there a decent restaurant at OCF?

Last edited:
KGIF might be a little far for my liking. I have family based at X50 so I can loop in a stop there to say hello. I'm VFR only, so the further I get from home base the less chance I have to come back the same day, keeping fairly close to X50 gives me an easy out if weather goes south.

Also if it's the 10th I'll have my 4yr. old with me, shorter trips are more conducive with him.

Edit: Isn't there a decent restaurant at OCF?

That would be a nice little trip from KLAL. Tailwind Cafe on the Field, Chli's 2.5 miles,as well as Steak and Shake and Cracker Barrel. Damon's Place for Ribs, 3 mi.

Cheers

Last edited:
I don't have my PPL yet but I would like to be involved if at all possible. I'm currently studying while saving some cash to pay for lessons and trying to get involved as much as possible.

CTLSMD, I live in Brandon. Any chance I could tag along with you for this?

KDED has not one but two places to eat :D just saying..
Will keep watching the thread, might be able to make it

Karen and I plan on being down that way, around her birthday on Jan 13.

We'll have our travel trailer, and plan on hitting the Tampa RV Show on the 14th and the Light Sport Expo in Sebring on or about the 15th or 16th, and then leaving the trailer at a friend's landing strip in Lake Placid, FL.

So if things firm up we could possibly make an appearance.

We'll keep watching this thread.

KDED has not one but two places to eat :D just saying..
Will keep watching the thread, might be able to make it

I'd be fine with KDED, flown over it enough but never landed. That's a quick hop to X50 so I can visit with the fam too and cut back up the coast to Fernandina.

How's this for a plan: KDED on the 17th for lunch? Say 11:30?

We'll have to pick which restaurant.

And as always, weather permitting.

Who's in?

John

I don't have my PPL yet but I would like to be involved if at all possible. I'm currently studying while saving some cash to pay for lessons and trying to get involved as much as possible.

CTLSMD, I live in Brandon. Any chance I could tag along with you for this?

Yes

Cheers

How's this for a plan: KDED on the 17th for lunch? Say 11:30?

We'll have to pick which restaurant.

And as always, weather permitting.

Who's in?

John

I'm in ! :wink2:

Once you have the date locked down let me know. There's a club member who has every Saturday afternoon scheduled for the month of January, I just have to ask him to give up the time which shouldn't be a problem since I don't think he actually uses it

If anyone will be out of KSFB and has a spot for a new student pilot Id be happy to split costs with someone. I'm currently looking for a good flight school around KSFB. Deland and Apopka are other options.

I'm in for the 17th, may be bringing along my lady friend who is scheduling her first flight lesson soon (xmas gift). We need to be back to FHB by 4:30 so I can't dilly dally too long after lunch :)

Well, I left this dormant over the holidays for the dust to settle.

How about "The Airport Restaurant and Gin Mill", KDED at 11:30 on the 17th?

Who's in?

John

So how many do we have?
John (me) - 1

Will be heading out of KBOW for the short trip down to KSEF on the 14th for a look at the Sport Expo show, need to see if any "show deals" on for a Hand Held back up radio ( unless anyone here is thinking of selling one? )

On the 17th heading out of KLAL and up to KOCF for the "Wings Over Ocala" event.

Back