Centennial Airport (KAPA) - Here we go again

Let's see, Arapahoe County is the 3rd most populated in Colorado.....you want quiet skies? How about Byers, or Deer Trail?

A little digging shows that the primary instigator bought a house north of Arapahoe Rd within thenlast 10 years. Greedy developers built homes there, knowing the homes were directly under the approach path to 17. Not sure if disclosure was required or not.

Ongoing ranting on NextDoor website about this. The instigator never responds other than posting the link. KAPA is a HUGE economic driver, the complainers are going to lose.

Proof that greed overrides common sense 100% of the time.

“But its for the children!”

Last edited:
You’d be amazed that instigators have curious motives - the main instigator responsible for the Santa Monica airport shutdown who helped fund it was a dot com executive pilot who wanted cool office space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a cheap decibel meter. Stand on the sidewalk near instigators house. Record an airplane flying over. Then record the instigator mowing their lawn. The lawn mower will be louder. Every time they mow their yard, file a noise complaint.

Get a cheap decibel meter. Stand on the sidewalk near instigators house. Record an airplane flying over. Then record the instigator mowing their lawn. The lawn mower will be louder. Every time they mow their yard, file a noise complaint.

People like this are the reason swatting seems to exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well when I was based there, APA was out in the middle of nowhere. These people who are complaining bought into an existing airport pattern.

Last edited:
Years ago, at KBED, there was a published date/time for (iirc) the arrival of a JointSTARS aircraft (a converted 707 - with the loud engines).

It turned out the aircraft didn't make the trip to KBED.

But, sure enough, at the published date/time the noise hotline received a noise complaint from one of the airport neighbors.

and, years ago, that old rag Pacific Flyer published an article about a pilot flying a 182 low, slow, and loud over a noise-sensitive neighborhood close to an airport that was under pressure to close. People tracked down that owner/pilot of the 182. It turned out to be a guy that wanted the airport closed so his property values would increase.

There is the guy who does multi engine work over my house on a regular basis. Thats no where near as obnoxious as the guy with the drone on Sunday Mornings hovering over my hottub. Over crowding will continue. Just look at the housing built and continuing to be built around DIA. The big reason to build DIA was to reduce noise over neighborhoods. so now we build neighborhoods out to the airport.

You’d be amazed that instigators have curious motives - the main instigator responsible for the Santa Monica airport shutdown who helped fund it was a dot com executive pilot who wanted cool office space.

I though the main instigators were all the real estate developers on the town council salivating over the land.

There is the guy who does multi engine work over my house on a regular basis. Thats no where near as obnoxious as the guy with the drone on Sunday Mornings hovering over my hottub.

Hold up a sign that says "if you keep doing this, I'll flash you and you'll never unsee it". That will get him to go away.

Hold up a sign that says "if you keep doing this, I'll flash you and you'll never unsee it". That will get him to go away.
Just need a nice fishing net to toss up and snag it, lol. "Sorry, it got in the way of my daily net casting practice."

Even I’m not from the area and I know that airport is busy as anything! If they bought their house 10 years ago, sell it and realize the profit and move elsewhere :D

Back