Celebs in FBO

taters

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Taters
Got out of my cherokee the other night and there was Micheal Waltrip, Bobby Labonte and "The King" Richard Petty stepping out of thier king air 300. They threw a kind wave to me and my wife which was neat enough as we were heading into the FBO and then they invited us up into thier bus.:hairraise:....way cool...and they were very cordial folks...glad the wife had our camera

Attachments

• DSC00621.JPG
    DSC00621.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
What'd they come to Lincoln for? There isn't a football game, is there? Hope they have a good time here...

Who are they?

No one you know...:skeptical:

Richard Petty is the leading winner in NASCAR...retired...Bobby Labonte is a driver...Michael Waltrip is a former driver now team owner if I am not mistaken...All very decent men...

Oh..and King Air 300 owners...:wink2:

What'd they come to Lincoln for? There isn't a football game, is there? Hope they have a good time here...

They said some event at Eagle Raceway....they said they were only gonna stay a few hours.

Who are they?

(Shakes head at lack cultural diversity).

Richard Petty is more often known by the moniker, "King Richard," for his amazing skill and daring in the 43 car.

Getting to meet King Richard, Texas' own Bobby Labonte and Michael Waltrip- priceless!

Glad to hear they were nice. Not surprised, but glad. I find folks like these, while possessing fame equal to the Hollywood set, are usually more likely to be personable and approachable. Gosh knows, their achievements are impressive.

You seriously never heard of Richard Petty? Wow....just wow.

No one you know...:skeptical:

Richard Petty is the leading winner in NASCAR...retired...Bobby Labonte is a driver...Michael Waltrip is a former driver now team owner if I am not mistaken...All very decent men...

Oh..and King Air 300 owners...:wink2:

Richard Petty is more often known by the moniker, "King Richard," for his amazing skill and daring in the 43 car.

Getting to meet King Richard, Texas' own Bobby Labonte and Michael Waltrip- priceless!

Glad to hear they were nice. Not surprised, but glad. I find folks like these, while possessing fame equal to the Hollywood set, are usually more likely to be personable and approachable. Gosh knows, their achievements are impressive.

You seriously never heard of Richard Petty? Wow....just wow.

Ok you three never get into an airplane as y'all lack situational awareness. No-one noticed the ;) in my post.

They said some event at Eagle Raceway....they said they were only gonna stay a few hours.

I just read that in the newspaper- I saved the sports section for late. But isn't Eagle Raceway "way out" by Omaha? you'd think Millard or KOMA would be closer...Google puts the Raceway offices in Lincoln though.

Well that would be in his title, and not in his post then.

Actually -- I honestly never heard of any of them. I never followed Nascar. Looks like he retired when I was 5 years old.

Very cool. A lot of Nascar drivers/owners fly and own GA airplanes.

Yeah, Petty is a class act. My uncle met him once on an elevator. He got on and it was immediately obvious who he was (the hat and glasses are just iconic), and took my uncle about 3 floors before asking, and "The King" just laughed and said yes, and signed an autograph for him.

The old guard of NASCAR seem much more friendly than the new "celebrities".

Ok you three never get into an airplane as y'all lack situational awareness. No-one noticed the ;) in my post.

Crap- you burned me, but good! :mad:

I used to look in the back of a jet I flew occasionally and see Bobby sitting there, often talking to his team owner (and former NFL coach) and their sponsor (a battery guy whose company happened to own the airplane I was flying at the time.)

The closest I've come to a celeb on the road was while I was sitting in Base Ops at WRAFB in Georgia, when in walks Jessica Simpson and her enterage. I think she was there for a USOish type thing. We actually got to speak with her for a few minutes. She had what seemed like a genuine interest in how we were planning our sortie for the next day.

Very cool!

A few years ago I flew into BWG (Bowling Green, KY) for supper and a black Lear was parked under the canopy with a DEI 3 on the body (or tail number, can't recall). Checked into the FBO and asked who was there.

When we returned from supper the FBO was swamped and we were told we had to wait before going to the plane. I informed the person that my plane was parked outside and we were allowed to exit. Upon entering the tarmac, the gate opened and bus pulled in with Dale Jr., Michael Waltrip and Steve Park. The 5 of us just hung on the plane bs'ing for about 10 minutes. All were very cordial but never did offer us a tour of the jet.

Jimmy Buffett is also a regular at KJWN (John Tune) and is very approachable.

Ever see an STP commercial in the last 50 years?
Wow, I don't think I've seen anything since I had some STP stickers as a kid (also about 5!) We always said (as kids) that it stood for Stinky Toilet Paper!:rofl:

And I knew Richard Petty's name, but not the others.:nonod:

And I knew Richard Petty's name, but not the others.:nonod:
Same here. :confused:

I can recall pulling up next to an airplane that the line guys proudly said belonged to "Junior" but who that was I had no idea. I think someone told my but I have since forgotten.

A friend of mine flew charter flights out of Denver for a number of years; had John Elway after the super bowl wins, Danny Glover, and a number of other Hollywood-type celebrities that I can't recall right now.

His daughter told him he needed a "guest book" in the airplane to clandestinely collect autographs ... he didn't do it. ...

A few years ago I was in the same FBO and there was this older lady doing yoga right in the middle of the lobby floor ??...bending over in spandex and a t-shirt....totally nasty really..Appauled I looked over my shoulder to see who this disturbed person was...it .was Goldie Hawn sitting out on a fuel stop..going to Toronto in a P. Avianti

Last edited:
His daughter told him he needed a "guest book" in the airplane to clandestinely collect autographs ... he didn't do it. ...
That would be highly frowned upon where I work. I do remember a flight where the other pilot was trying to figure out something that the passenger would legitimately need to sign just so that he could get an autograph. He never did.

Actually -- I honestly never heard of any of them. I never followed Nascar. Looks like he retired when I was 5 years old.

We need a name for this. It's the anti- me saying I have no idea Jon & Kate and Lady Gaga are. Although I did just get a thorough briefing on all things SpongeBob.

Similarly, evolution explained:

If you take a certain amount of hydrogen and other elements and have it collide and combine randomly in an endless void then, in 14 billion years, you'll get NASCAR Christmas collectible dinner plates.

That would be highly frowned upon where I work. I do remember a flight where the other pilot was trying to figure out something that the passenger would legitimately need to sign just so that he could get an autograph. He never did.
Yeah - he declined the urging I suspect because of mgmt frowning on it - the airplane was with your organization for a while before the owner moved it to another organization - quite a few years ago... I think we talked about this once? On the other hand, I may be totally confusing this with a conversation with someone else ... actually, I think I am. That was with Air Methods, years ago when they still had fixed wing assets?

Yeah - he declined the urging I suspect because of mgmt frowning on it - the airplane was with your organization for a while before the owner moved it to another organization - quite a few years ago... I think we talked about this once? On the other hand, I may be totally confusing this with a conversation with someone else ... actually, I think I am. That was with Air Methods, years ago when they still had fixed wing assets?
I vaguely remember you mentioning this but I have never worked for Air Methods. I work for that outfit just south of the big DJC parking lot.

At the outfit I was flying for in HOU, we often had various VIP's(sports, music, film, politicians, etc) going in and out.

Though company policy specifically prohibited asking for pics or autographs, inevitably someone would. Several Customer Care Attendants (read Flight Attendants) were dropped for busting that rule.

We never lost any flight crew members for that reason, though.

Back