Cedar Rapids Iowa tomorrow

rmciottijr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rmciottijr
I Heading to Cedar Rapids Iowa tomorrow morning for three days. I was wondering if anyone was in the area and wanted to grab a bite to eat tomorrow night.

Bob

bob..why?? Cedar Rapids - the city of 5 smells. If you are bored in the evenings it may be worth a drive down to my old flying club, Green Castle Aeroclub. Often there is some hanging out and flying going on, and in fact on Wed. Night they grill steaks and have a club meeting. Its a fun place.

Talk to Jay Honeck down in Iowa City (a reasonably short drive from Cedar Rapids).

bob..why?? Cedar Rapids - the city of 5 smells. If you are bored in the evenings it may be worth a drive down to my old flying club, Green Castle Aeroclub. Often there is some hanging out and flying going on, and in fact on Wed. Night they grill steaks and have a club meeting. Its a fun place.

I am starting up a water system. My customer will be with me from Wen. on so It will be hard to get out then.

Darn, Bob. Any other time of the year, I would buzz over and meet up with you, but I'm in Jackson, MN this week.

I don't know Jay maybe he will see the post.

Tuesday night is "Aviation Movie Night at the Inn" at our hotel, the Alexis Park Inn & Suites in Iowa City, located just 20 miles South of Cedar Rapids. Before the movie we usually fire up the grill around 6 PM, and cook up whatever dead meat people bring. (We provide snacks and refreshments.) We "fly" our flight simulator, maybe take a dip in the pool (it'll be over 90 here tomorrow), and then, at 6 PM we'll start the movie.

By special request we're showing "Always" tomorrow night. It's always a lot of fun, and you're more than welcome to join us!

Tuesday night is "Aviation Movie Night at the Inn" at our hotel, the Alexis Park Inn & Suites in Iowa City, located just 20 miles South of Cedar Rapids. Before the movie we usually fire up the grill around 6 PM, and cook up whatever dead meat people bring. (We provide snacks and refreshments.) We "fly" our flight simulator, maybe take a dip in the pool (it'll be over 90 here tomorrow), and then, at 6 PM we'll start the movie.

By special request we're showing "Always" tomorrow night. It's always a lot of fun, and you're more than welcome to join us!

Jay that sounds great thanks, any thing you need me to bring?

Thanks,
Bob

Cedar Rapids - the city of 5 smells.
A former resident told me it was "the city of five stenches". A bit stronger, to go with the odor. :smile:

Both are a riff on the city's official motto, "The City of Five Seasons". I've never been able to discover just what they think the five seasons are.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob your going to Iowa, leave your Philly attitude at home:yikes: Just kidding.
Have fun and Enjoy the Movie and Food with Jay
Dave G.:blueplane:

Bob your going to Iowa, leave your Philly attitude at home:yikes: Just kidding.
Have fun and Enjoy the Movie and Food with Jay
Dave G.:blueplane:

Yo I don't have any attitude you want to see attitude........watch the move.

yea I hope the job goes quick.

Hummm maybe I will bring some peanut butter Kandy Kakes, that's good Philly attitude.

So, Jay, is that invite open to anyone...if so, we need to bring some dead meat to share?

Thanks,
Bob

Bring a piece of meat to grill, if you want to eat dinner. Otherwise, we provide free snacks and refreshments!

And a swim suit, if you want to take a dip?

So, Jay, is that invite open to anyone...if so, we need to bring some dead meat to share?

Of course! It's an open event -- Aviation Movie Night is even listed in the local paper as "Open to the Public".

We've showed over 150 aviation movies over the years. It's a lot of fun!

Well I made it home from Cedar Rapids what should of been a 3 day trip ended up a 5 day trip.

I just wanted to say thanks to Jay and Mary what great hospitality. I had an excellent time Good Movie, Good food, Good Beer and great friends talking aviation what else could you ask for. Oh and they have one heck-of a flight simulator and I think Greg Bockelman has been on a tail wheel plane before he nailed the landings.

When I make my flight to Kansas I will see if landing at Iowa City Airport will work.

Thanks again for making me fell like I was at home,

Bob

Back