CE320D Data Tag

W

WrongWayHarvey

Can anyone tell me exactly where the factory Data Tag should be located on a 1966 Cessna 320D?

Thank You.

Harvey, Welcome to the board!

I thought it was pretty standard for Cessna to locate them on the left, rear tail; under the horizontal stabilizer.

Edit: After getting curious about the 320, I did a search and found what appears to be a sweet bird. I don't know anything about its performance but it sure looks like they spared no expense in refurbishing her. I'm guessing she's located at DWH in the Houston area.

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/clsfdspecs/808882

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a search and found what appears to be a sweet bird. I don't know anything about its performance but it sure looks like they spared no expense in refurbishing her.

Over $300K spent restoring her, and selling for $125K? If that doesn't prove that you don't get back out what you put into aircraft upgrades/restoration...

Harvey, it will still empty your wallet. Pay VERY close attention to the spar jsut over the slip joints at the exhaust. The spar can have been repainted, but iif it got even a bit too hot in there, it's a "pass me by" aircraft. Every one of these that I have seen had heat damage at that station.

I am pretty sure it is up by the doorpost if I remember correctly. However not to speak out of line I would suggest contacting Cessna tech support at (316) 517-5800. Tell them what you have and tech support will tell you exactly where it is and if you ask for a faxed page out of the manual they will send it to you.

it's my understanding that some parts for 320s are quite difficult to come by since they didn't make too many 320s.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your replies!

The Data tag was located today in the nosewheel bay on the port side near the front.

Randy

nobody can get a loan keep for a few years you will get your money back nothing but bottom feeders out there

Over $300K spent restoring her, and selling for $125K? If that doesn't prove that you don't get back out what you put into aircraft upgrades/restoration...
Wonder what it would sell for today...

Back