CDW - Caldwell/Essex Cty PIREPs?

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
I will have a new home for my plane next year, when we move, at CDW. So far, the folks seem nice. Anyone have any experience with the airport in general, FBOs and such? Do you need a photo id to access the grounds? Can I get to the hangar without a cavity search??? Busy? Not so busy?

Any info would be appreciated.

I will have a new home for my plane next year, when we move, at CDW. So far, the folks seem nice. Anyone have any experience with the airport in general, FBOs and such? Do you need a photo id to access the grounds? Can I get to the hangar without a cavity search??? Busy? Not so busy?

Any info would be appreciated.

You're moving to Jersey?

Oh, the horror!!

:eek:

I was there once on a Sunday. They were nice, let me borrow the loaner Subaru, and didn't charge me a dime even though I didn't buy any fuel. Didn't seem all that busy, and it was a nice Sunday afternoon. One guy in a Cherokee couldn't figure out where the runway was and about flew into my Aztec. Scary.

That reminds me: I need to get my Christmas presents for the line guys at Williamsport.

So Andrew, will you be able to get a hangar finally? :)

Andrew...if you frequent the AOPA board...look up Lou Betti...He is based there and a native of the area...

Andrew...if you frequent the AOPA board...look up Lou Betti...He is based there and a native of the area...

Mr. Dakota???

Thanks for the tip!! I will drop him a line.

Yup, a hangar at last. Worth the 45min drive or so from where we expect to settle.

You're moving to Jersey?

Oh, the horror!!

:eek:

As you know, it's the greatest nightmare come true for a native Pennsylvanian -- turning in one's PA citizenship for a New Jersey drivers license. The horror, the horror!

Mr. Dakota???

Yup, a hangar at last. Worth the 45min drive or so from where we expect to settle.

Andrew...he is now THE C210 spokesman...

I have never met him but he seems like a truly nice human being...

Andrew...he is now THE C210 spokesman...

I have never met him but he seems like a truly nice human being...

Gone to the highwing side? God forbid!!!:nonod::D

One of the not so nice things about CDW is all the Yankee and Mets fans that flyout of there.:D

One of the not so nice things about CDW is all the Yankee and Mets fans that flyout of there.:D

Sigh. And Giants fans. And Jets fans. I know. :frown2:

My younger daughter asked if she could become a Yankees fan. After the EMTs restarted my heart, I explained to her how that would be unacceptable.

Mr. Dakota???

45 minute drive? So you will live about...5 miles from the airport? I-80 out there can be slow at times.

The airspace will be a tad busy, since Morristown and Teterboro aren't far off and there is a far bit of class B traffic, but nothing you can't deal with.

I flew out of Solberg until not long ago...

My younger daughter asked if she could become a Yankees fan. After the EMTs restarted my heart, I explained to her how that would be unacceptable.
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during THAT conversation....

So in other words your going to flying into Wings at least a few times over the summer to take in a Fight'n Phils game with the girls, just to keep them properly grounded.

I already LIVE in Jersey and I'm ALSO wondering why you moved here! :D
I'd like to get the heck out myself!!!

Essex County airport.....
Last summer my friend and I landed there in his plane for a "Light Sport Expo" and about the time we touched down we realized (ahem) that we had misread the flyer and we were a week early. :mad2:

So, my buddy just taxied back for takeoff again.
A week later he recieved a bill in the mail for a $10 landing fee!!

We haven't been back.

I already LIVE in Jersey and I'm ALSO wondering why you moved here! :D
I'd like to get the heck out myself!!!

Essex County airport.....
Last summer my friend and I landed there in his plane for a "Light Sport Expo" and about the time we touched down we realized (ahem) that we had misread the flyer and we were a week early. :mad2:

So, my buddy just taxied back for takeoff again.
A week later he recieved a bill in the mail for a $10 landing fee!!

We haven't been back.

Yeah - I asked about that. If you're based there, you don't pay landing fees. Whoopee. Nobody will visit me. I'm not looking forward to the bureaucracy and aggro, compared to my nice untowered local field.

Back