Cdn $ Still Rising

And I don't even want to think about the UK pound. I'm headed to London on business in the next few weeks, the exchange rate is a killer. I'm planning a trip 2 days shorter than I'd usually do, solely because of the cost of things in London at the current exchange rate.

Shoot, this means the price of Molson will go up... :D

And I don't even want to think about the UK pound. I'm headed to London on business in the next few weeks, the exchange rate is a killer. I'm planning a trip 2 days shorter than I'd usually do, solely because of the cost of things in London at the current exchange rate.

2.05. and the euro is 1.43, which means I wish I had pre-paid the whole apartment in Lisbon instead of just giving him a deposit. sigh.

2.05. and the euro is 1.43, which means I wish I had pre-paid the whole apartment in Lisbon instead of just giving him a deposit. sigh.

I am extremely lucky that our rental in Fontona is paid in fixed USD to a American citizen. I do NOT look forward to the rental car prices and gas prices, ugh.

Even going to Whistler next fall is looking expensive!

Cheers,

-Andrew

I am extremely lucky that our rental in Fontona is paid in fixed USD to a American citizen. I do NOT look forward to the rental car prices and gas prices, ugh.

Even going to Whistler next fall is looking expensive!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Well, the good news is Portugal is much much cheaper than Italy so it's not a big difference overall.

ps. if you rent through Autoeurope you pay in USD immediately - which means the price isn't going to change on you. usually I get decent rates through them.

Well, the good news is Portugal is much much cheaper than Italy so it's not a big difference overall.

ps. if you rent through Autoeurope you pay in USD immediately - which means the price isn't going to change on you. usually I get decent rates through them.

Interesting - great tip Elizabeth!!

You can live inexpensively in Italy. I have a complete inability to do so :cheerswine:

Cheers,

-Andrew

Or just stay here in the states and support AMERICANS.

I agree.

AutoEurope is my (almost) exclusive booking company for cars in Europe. Excellent pricing, outstanding service, and prepay rates in USD. They often have sales, too. I used to have a discount code for them that knocked another 5% or more off the rate. Even the LDW coverage is reasonable.

Company is based in Maine. They have contracts with Hertz, EuroCar, and National.

Highly recommended.

I do. Roughly 330 days a year, give or take.

Seconded. I also travel extensively within the US for business and pleasure and happily spend my American dollars in those areas. This year, I've travelled for weekends in ME, NH, RI, PA, NY, VT, KY, OH, IL, IN, and VA. Fuel purchases, food, lodging, gifts, you name it. That doesn't even count biz travel only, which would add in WV and MD, with MO and CA on the docket before the year is out.

While I'm not normally one for defending my actions, I will in this case: I get four weeks of vacation a year, and I split that allocation between the US and the rest of the world. I do not feel, for but one second, that I am short changing anyone with my spending.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Yeahbut Bill, don't you work in the evil Financial Services/Takeover sector? :rofl:

Naw, we're an operating company. I just have money available to invest that comes from investors..... I want friendly deals, not hostile bids.

Naw, we're an operating company. I just have money available to invest that comes from investors..... I want friendly deals, not hostile bids.

Don't go using facts...

Good luck in London.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I was always under the impression that the Canadian beer of choice in the US was Moosehead!

Moosehead??? Not in this houshold... :D

There will be a case of LaBatts on occasion, but no Moosehead...

Moosehead, Labatt's Molson, etc. Swill!!! Unadulterated swill!

If you want good beer in Canada you have to head west and don't stop 'till you get to BC. Then there is Lighthouse, Richard's, Vancouver Island, Graneville Island brews to partake. Stuff that is actually made with care and quality. Shoot, if you are going to drink Labatts you might as well wash it back with a Budweiser

Moosehead, Labatt's Molson, etc. Swill!!! Unadulterated swill!

Moosehead is wonderful when you're sitting at Diana and Tom's farm outside the hangar, next to the freshly mown runway in the evening.....

mmmmm, good beer!

848.jpg

Best beer in Canada? Unibroue - I'm a big fan of La Fin du Monde and Trois Pistoles.

Worst beer in Canada? Gahan Brewpub in Charlottetown, PE. Oh dear god it was terrible. The only saving grace was a dingy Irish bar across the road that had good Guinness on draft and great oysters.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back