CDC Warns of Aggressive, Cannibal Rats

Idiots. It's not that complicated. Food supply dwindles, population decreases. That's what happens. Now if they were aggressive, cannibis rats, I would also question the integrity of the article, as cannibis rats should not be aggressive. But, then again, they would be more hungry, so with less food, who knows.

Some of this is remind me of the kids song There was an old woman who swallowed a fly.

Then after iterations including spider, bird, cat, dog, cow, and horse..... she is dead of course.

so we now have cannibal rats, introduce cats or mink, then what? Won’t be long before we have our version of the Aussie cane toad problem.

If the rats are cannibalistic, then shouldn't the CDC warning be targeted to other rats?

Maybe those cities figure out that they have this newfangled invention called a 'trash can' which reduces the rat feeding problem.

Maybe those cities figure out that they have this newfangled invention called a 'trash can' which reduces the rat feeding problem.

have u seen the size of some of these rats in NYC? I mean sheeeit, soon we'll need special glasses just to be able to pick them out from regular people.

Isn't it a good thing that rats are eating their young? I thought many animal populations reduced themselves when food sources became more scarce.

The dumpsters are actually pretty rat-proof when properly closed and secured. The problem is that nobody closes the doors on them.

Rich

Murder hornets, and now cannibal rats.... wasn't the some psychological test done where rats were put in a cage and the food was lessened each day and in the end the rats imploded and started eating easch other until there was only one left?

I wonder if they want a nice Chianti and same fava beans.....

Idiots. It's not that complicated. Food supply dwindles, population decreases. That's what happens. Now if they were aggressive, cannibis rats, I would also question the integrity of the article, as cannibis rats should not be aggressive. But, then again, they would be more hungry, so with less food, who knows.
Colorado might have Cannibis rats by now. @denverpilot know of any?

The dumpsters are actually pretty rat-proof when properly closed and secured. The problem is that nobody closes the doors on them.

Rich

What dumpsters ?

When I lived in NY, the restaurants were allowed to throw their trash in bags on the sidewalk as long as they got picked up before 6am. A rat-buffet !

wasn't the some psychological test done where rats were put in a cage and the food was lessened each day and in the end the rats imploded and started eating easch other until there was only one left?

Here you go ... not for the faint of heart:

What dumpsters ?

When I lived in NY, the restaurants were allowed to throw their trash in bags on the sidewalk as long as they got picked up before 6am. A rat-buffet !

They get away with it, but it's not really legal. They're supposed to use a dumpster, cans, or heavy-duty (1.5mil) opaque bags. But if a rat or other animal chews through a bag that's not in a can, the business or residential landlord can get fined; so most people use cans. At least when I lived there they did.

If it's a food-service establishment, the tickets for chewed or otherwise leaky garbage bags can affect their letter grade (which has to be posted where it's visible before entering the establishment). The letter-grade system is a relatively-recent system that has really improved the overall sanitation in New York City eateries. No one wants to eat in a place with a grade less than "A".

DSNY doesn't pick up commercial waste, by the way. The business needs an account with a commercial waste hauler.

Rich

DSNY doesn't pick up commercial waste, by the way. The business needs an account with a commercial waste hauler the mafia.

The rats in our neighborhood looked at 1.5mil trash bags the same we look at a blister pack. Annoying but not really a challenge.

I think someone should microchip the rats, track them, and make a reality series out of it. If they can put little POV cameras on their heads, so much the better. With professional sports shut down, it would provide some competitive diversion without the hassles of venues, crowds, social distancing, or player contracts.

We can call it "Cannibalistic Rat Wars - the Fight to Survive."

Best of all, if it got down to a "sudden death" final, it really would be sudden death.

Rich

Rats have always been cannibals. It scares me when ostensibly respectable organizations sensationalize everyday things for their own recognition.

So NYC has rats, we got: poisonous Lion-fish, Iguana infestation and Reticulated Pythons. All courtesy of assclowns who became weary of their exotic pets. At least we have flocks of green parrots too. I like them.

How about the cannibis spiders....

Maybe the rat ate part of another rat in a stew or something, unbeknownst.

"Geez, one foot and they call you a cannibal!"

Back