CBP employees need to engage some brain cells

And why exactly did a senior offical in air ops at Customs and Border Patrol AND the pilot think it was a good idea to using an agency helicopter to get a date for the officials son?

Must be one ugly kid to make dad that desperate.

Be interesting to see how much gets docked from the dad's next paycheck to pay for the flight -- if he ever gets another paycheck from CBP.

Be interesting to see how much gets docked from the dad's next paycheck to pay for the flight -- if he ever gets another paycheck from CBP.

Probably not much....... “It was completely authorized,” Cromer said. “They did ask for permission. They were granted permission.”

Probably not much....... “It was completely authorized,” Cromer said. “They did ask for permission. They were granted permission.”

I think that meant the School authorizred them to drop something on their football field not that the CBP authorized it.

Now if the CBP authorized it thats a bigger issue.

I think it depends on whether the flight was made for the sole purpose of dropping the animal, or if that was incidental to another already-planned mission, such as training or surveillance.

A Bell 412 is what, $8-10 mill new. 80-90 gallons an hour. Certainly not a cheap invite, creative though. I hope the school was along the route of flight and it wasn't a huge deviation.
And I hope she said yes!

I think it depends on whether the flight was made for the sole purpose of dropping the animal, or if that was incidental to another already-planned mission, such as training or surveillance.
Won't matter much -- this sort of thing is absolutely, strictly prohibited. Dad is "in trouble plenty" with his bosses. You just don't do things like this on the taxpayers' dime, even in conjunction with a regular mission, and doing it in a way which foreseeably would make the papers just makes the dad's headwork appear worse.

Last edited:
A Bell 412 is what, $8-10 mill new. 80-90 gallons an hour. Certainly not a cheap invite, creative though. I hope the school was along the route of flight and it wasn't a huge deviation.
And I hope she said yes!

The aircraft in question was a UH-1H (205). Still an expensive detour though.

Last edited:

Are you kidding me :dunno::dunno:...

The dad probably will get a promotion, raise and a new government issued SUV.:yesnod::eek::eek::(

Having the airplane do it's "community PR" by going to your kid's school instead of one across town? That's ok.
Having the airplane do ANYTHING it wouldn't be doing normally is a big no-no. I just can't imagine someone being so stup... wait... I remember the DEA agent who shot himself at a school. Never mind.

Back