Cayman Diving

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Well I did finally get here and even though I am working this week I did get a few scuba dives in this weekend.

The hurricane did not do much, if any, damage on Grand Cayman but Little Cayman and Cayman Brac have been decimated. A lot of activity here moving supplies to them.

Attached are a couple of pics, there are more at this link: http://picasaweb.google.com/N8116B/GrandCayman2008#

Also here is a video of Karen waving hi!

I was only using my little Cannon PaS camera in a housing but it did pretty well!

Attachments

• IMG_9484.JPG
    IMG_9484.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9601.JPG
    IMG_9601.JPG
    518.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9607.JPG
    IMG_9607.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9589.JPG
    IMG_9589.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
That pic of the 'pod' of divers is really cool!

I'd love to try diving someday. I tried snorkeling for the first time in Hawaii a few years ago and was amazed at the stuff you can see in the areas where you usually just play in the surf! Rachel gets a little spooked if the water is murky and can't see very far, so we've never attempted diving. Someday.... ;)

I'd love to try diving someday. I tried snorkeling for the first time in Hawaii a few years ago and was amazed at the stuff you can see in the areas where you usually just play in the surf! Rachel gets a little spooked if the water is murky and can't see very far, so we've never attempted diving. Someday.... ;)
Well you know someone who has a deep pool, is a Master Instructor, and can pick you up from the airport (3CK) if you guys want to try a little discover scuba event someday.

Last edited:
I'll definitely keep that in mind!

I've done introductory dives in Hawaii and Australia. Hawaii was a bit more structured at the Westin Maui. Started out in the pool, then changed tanks and went off the beach. Australia (Great Barrier Reef) was more of some instruction on the boat, then step off the side and go. In Hawaii the instructor had a number of us with him, in Australia the instructor never let go of me (on any of the three dives).

If I had the time, I'd do the pool and classroom stuff here (Olympia) and do the dives in Hawaii to get my certification. The water here is just too cold to even consider. Even with a dry suit. Sorry, just not interested.

And, no, she didn't push me off! :D

Attachments

• 035GSPdivingThetfordReef.jpg
    035GSPdivingThetfordReef.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
Great pix. I'm glad you finally made it down there. Post a few more when you get a chance.

I'm going to get my daughters into diving when they get older. My dive log is just about empty, since my wife doesn't really like to swim, let alone go underwater. My kids are already excited (at least for now) about becoming scuba divers. Still a bit young.

Great pix. I'm glad you finally made it down there. Post a few more when you get a chance.

I'm going to get my daughters into diving when they get older. My dive log is just about empty, since my wife doesn't really like to swim, let alone go underwater. My kids are already excited (at least for now) about becoming scuba divers. Still a bit young.
Your wish is my command. But also go to my picasa link above, I have lots of picture there.

Attachments

• IMG_9494.JPG
    IMG_9494.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9514.JPG
    IMG_9514.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9520.JPG
    IMG_9520.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9527.JPG
    IMG_9527.JPG