Caveat Emptor... But, if You're Stupid Enough?

K

KennyFlys

This just blows my mind. Who would pay $2.6 million for a home WITHOUT ever inspecting it, particularly on the inside?!?!?!

Neighbor Who Bought Feces-Filled New Jersey Mansion Wants Out of Deal

I say if the idiot was foolish enough to sign a contract without knowing what precisely he was buying... Tango Sierra! :rolleyes:

Now, if the sellers misrepresented the property and it can be clearly shown, nail them for fraud. It smells of fraud... or something.

Three years ago I worked with a guy who bought his current house sight unseen on e-bay. He's from the city and let his fantasy of having a lake front home in the country get the better of him. In his dogged determination he's spent a fortune trying to make it liveable. Stupid is as stupid does.

The "seller" was the mortgage-holder, and you can bet your a** that they made no representations as to condition, etc., and likely had extensive and binding disclaimers.

You think there's any chance that, had the house turned out to be nicer than he expected, the purchaser would have volunteered-up some more cash? Fat chance!

He bought the house out of foreclosure, and bought it with all faults. Tough sh*t! Really.

Acciardi said he didn't become suspicious when Philip Tamis wouldn't let him in the house before the auction, saying the homeowner was a "private person."
Philip Tamis said the house was fine, Acciardi said.
Yep, stupid.

I bought a house out of foreclosure once. The front door was rotted away and there were animals living inside -- lizards mostly but a few possums and rats. But that kind of stuff is not that hard nor expensive to clean up. In the end, we had a great house at a fraction of what it would have cost us, and made a ton when we sold it. The funniest part about that is the unexpected discoveries you make. Like when we lowered some blinds and got pelted by lizard eggs that had been laid on the slats.

This guy is a whining crybaby. You bought it, you fix it.

Next door neighbor sold his house. New owners did not do a walkthrough prior to closing. Departing neighbor had trashed the house, no forwarding address of course. New neighbor stuck with trashed house. Live and learn.
Ron

Ther's more to the story. He had gone tot he house. The current (deadbeat, elderly, nutso) owners told him the place was fine but no, he can't come inside. He thought he was was getting a steal for a quick flip. He can flip it - just not so fast.

I bought a foreclosure. The bank and the realtors only tell you about 20 times that the house is AS IS with no warranty wahtsoever. You gotta be a persistent, uneducatable idjit to think you can back out.

Back