Cautiously exploring red board

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
I am taking it easy after a long respite. I can't belive Soapbox is right back to where it was before Fisher had to take the whole damn thing of the air.

I don't know why any of you torture yourselves that way, be nice to your soul and just stay here!
Think of your adrenal glands!!

Ben;

I guess that is a place that I cannot go. POA is like a real nice small airport with a real nice back porch to hang out and share flying expericences.

John

It's not an either/or thing. I prefer it here but I monitor the red forums too. Sure, it's bad over there but there are pearls of wisdom or thought provoking opinions interspersed at random. I'm open to changing my opinion on a subject and there is always a better way to do something so I'm open to learning from others as well.

I guess i missed the whole controversy.I had posted on the other board when it started some years ago,but it was real dead for a long time.I just checked back a few weeks ago and it lead me to this one.You people seem to have a nice thing going here.

supercub185 said:
I guess i missed the whole controversy.I had posted on the other board when it started some years ago,but it was real dead for a long time.I just checked back a few weeks ago and it lead me to this one.You people seem to have a nice thing going here.

Super....it is not you people now that you are a member. It is us people . Welcome. KD

wangmyers said:
I am taking it easy after a long respite. I can't belive Soapbox is right back to where it was before Fisher had to take the whole damn thing of the air.
I stopped reading and posting on the political threads on soapbox and I'm ever so much happier for having done so. The rest of the red boards are pretty good - the most they get is a LITTLE snarky!

wangmyers said:

Ben,

Just go into soapbox and post the following: "I am a liberal and I'm proud". :D

The response should cure you of any desire to return.
:vomit:

wsuffa said:
Ben,

Actually, what got me into trouble was proclaiming I was a moderate with liberal leanings. Man, talk about getting slammed!

wangmyers said:
Actually, what got me into trouble was proclaiming I was a moderate with liberal leanings. Man, talk about getting slammed!

"Hey boys! Fresh meat!" ;)

wangmyers said:

There is no middle ground on the Red board. You are either a right wing flag toting patriot with a GWB sticker, or a liberal traitor who hates America. Even when presented with facts, the normal few still ignore, attack and belittle. There is no discussion, just hate.

ever notice, its always a demlib thing with a certain few?

wsuffa said:
Ben,

There are some neighborhoods where you just don't discuss your political beliefs, no matter what.

I go to the Red Board and post some times but NEVER go to the Soap box.

It always amazes me how people are writing things about someone they can not look in the face and be so bold and say things that they would never say to most anyone while looking right in there eye.

E-mail and discussion boards have seemed to make people SO Tough.

Many Egos and a lot of CHICKEN****s over there.

I can't believe how much time some of these people (pilots) have TO WASTE.

Jon

The red board actually has decent av content, just stay away from soapbox. I never open it, and don't really care what goes on there...none of it will help me to become a better pilot.

Bill Jennings said:
The red board actually has decent av content, just stay away from soapbox. I never open it, and don't really care what goes on there...none of it will help me to become a better pilot.

Exactly.

Well...I think you just have to take it for what it is. Ya just can't let it get you too worked up. For most over there, I believe, it's a form of entertainment.

Frank Browne said:
Well...I think you just have to take it for what it is. Ya just can't let it get you too worked up. For most over there, I believe, it's a form of entertainment.

I hate to say it Frank, I think some over there are completely serious :eek:

I won't disagree. But there are plenty who choose a polite but impassioned mode of discourse. It's not a total free-for-all.

SJP said:
You are either a right wing flag toting patriot with a GWB sticker

Don't forget to add "tuned into Rush", "Fox new watching", and "war hawk" to your list....

And remember we are at war......

Greg
182RG

Frank Browne said:

Ok, entertainment, but I have plenty of friends I can talk issues with, I come to aviation boards to talk with pilots about aviation. Thus, I steer clear of soapbox, but if it floats your boat, have at it:yes:

SJP said:
There is no middle ground on the Red board. You are either a right wing flag toting patriot with a GWB sticker, or a liberal traitor who hates America. Even when presented with facts, the normal few still ignore, attack and belittle. There is no discussion, just hate.

Which is sort of a microcosm of our current society.

Bill Jennings said:
Ok, entertainment, but I have plenty of friends I can talk issues with, I come to aviation boards to talk with pilots about aviation. Thus, I steer clear of soapbox, but if it floats your boat, have at it:yes:

And that's OK.

ggroves said:
Don't forget to add "tuned into Rush", "Fox new watching", and "war hawk" to your list....

And remember we are at war......

Greg
182RG

Even being a moderate, which I am, isn't safe in Soap Box. Moderates are considered traitors to the right, and sell outs to the left. You just can't win.

And contrary to what a few have said, some of the posters are not doing it for fun. Some of them eat, breath, and live this stuff to a point of being scary.....

Greg
182RG

ggroves said:
Even being a moderate, which I am, isn't safe in Soap Box. Moderates are considered traitors to the right, and sell outs to the left. You just can't win.

And contrary to what a few have said, some of the posters are not doing it for fun. Some of them eat, breath, and live this stuff to a point of being scary.....

Greg
182RG

After that attack on Kareem this morning, there is no doubt.

I think it might be a good idea if names were kept out of this discussion.

wsuffa said:
After that attack on ***** this morning, there is no doubt.

Bill,

On another (better) note...next time you are heading out KOKV way...let me know...perhaps we can meet for lunch....

Greg
182RG

In fact, upon reflect, I think it would be best if this discussion ended. http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67

We recognize and even share some of the frustration with some other aviation forums, but those forums are our neighbors on the net, and the proper place to voice your frustrations is, in my opinion, with the people who run those forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back