Caught stealing a bridge

Imagine reporting THAT on a medical. Have you ever been arrested?

Have you ever been arrested?
And I proceeded to tell him the story of the Alice's Restaurant Massacre,
With full orchestration and five part harmony and stuff like that and all
The phenome... - and he stopped me right there and said, "Kid, did you ever
Go to court?"

And I proceeded to tell him the story of the twenty seven eight-by-ten
Colour glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and the paragraph on
The back of each one, and he stopped me right there and said, "Kid, I want
You to go and sit down on that bench that says Group W ... NOW kid!!"

pssst.... Speaking of bridges, I got one for sale in San Francisco.. Has a great revenue stream, and I'll let you have it cheap... just don't Cal Trans you're the new owner, the got real upset the last time I sold it.

A local radio station used to play Alice’s Restaurant ever thanksgiving several times a day. We’d schedule the trip to Grandparents house to hear the whole thing including “What’s you in for kid?” “litring ”.

“You can have anything you want at Alice’s Restaurant, exceptin Alice.”

Cheers

This is one bridge I wouldn’t cross…

And I proceeded to tell him the story of the Alice's Restaurant Massacre,
With full orchestration and five part harmony and stuff like that and all
The phenome... - and he stopped me right there and said, "Kid, did you ever
Go to court?"

And I proceeded to tell him the story of the twenty seven eight-by-ten
Colour glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and the paragraph on
The back of each one, and he stopped me right there and said, "Kid, I want
You to go and sit down on that bench that says Group W ... NOW kid!!"

I am guessing you are a fan of Bo and Jim like me. Been listing to them since the Q102 days.

As an alumni of the Whitehall Induction Center, "Alice's Restaurant" is required listening on Thanksgiving day.
Many years later, I had the unexpected pleasure of singing with Arlo Guthrie, Pete Seeger, Jay Ungar and Molly Mason during an excursion on the sloop Clearwater.
A friend of mine was a fiddler who played with Pete and Arlo, and he invited my family along for the day.
During the show they needed someone to sing background harmonies to a couple of songs, I knew the parts and the lyrics, so I got volunteered.
I'm grinning now, while I reminisce. "This land is your land, this land is my land....."

As an alumni of the Whitehall Induction Center, "Alice's Restaurant" is required listening on Thanksgiving day.
Many years later, I had the unexpected pleasure of singing with Arlo Guthrie, Pete Seeger, Jay Ungar and Molly Mason during an excursion on the sloop Clearwater.
A friend of mine was a fiddler who played with Pete and Arlo, and he invited my family along for the day.
During the show they needed someone to sing background harmonies to a couple of songs, I knew the parts and the lyrics, so I got volunteered.
I'm grinning now, while I reminisce. "This land is your land, this land is my land....."
You never cease to amaze…and yet in another thread you used “Cherokee” and “faster” in the same sentence.:D

"We go live to the 'Action Two News Crew', with Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, John Bonham, and Jimmy Page..."

"She's the one who really makes me jump and shout, ooh
She's the kind of girl-i know what it's all about
Take it take it
Excuse me
Oh will ya excuse me
I'm just trying to find the bridge
Has anybody seen the bridge
Please
(Have you seen the bridge)
I ain't seen the bridge
(Where's that confounded bridge)"

Pssst, hey buddy, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Back