Cats aren't my favorite, but this still makes me burn

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article97630.ece

Buffalo police rescued a cat from a Cheektowaga man who apparently was planning to make a meal out of his pet because he thought it was ill-tempered, authorities said Monday.

When Ferry-Fillmore District officers pulled over a car driven by Gary L. Korkuc on Sunday night during a traffic stop, they said they heard a cat crying from inside the trunk and investigated.

What they found has left animal lovers at the SPCA Serving Erie County in shock.

The cat, according to police, was in a cage “marinating” in a mixture of crushed red peppers, chili pepper, salt and oil.

See the article link above for more...

I don't know, if someone wants to eat a cat it is really none of my business. I imagine Chinese do it all the time. The Chinese meat market I saw on TV looked more like a pet store.

That said, the animals should be humanely treated prior to slaughter, whatever the species.

So long as you are cool with people eating dogs too!

That said, the animals should be humanely treated prior to slaughter, whatever the species.

Well said.

I love dogs, and would NEVER consider eating them -- but some cultures consider them a delicacy. Who are we to judge?

I have to agree, even though I would never want to eat cat or dog. As has been said different cultures accept different norms. I love steak but in parts of the world that would be unacceptable.

"Marinating" a live animal in the trunk of your car isn't humane.... as evidenced by the creature's cries.

I dunno, the one cat I owned yowled in the car just because she was in the car. Cat might not have cared about the marinade at all. Can't quite figure out why anyone would marinate a while cat, except for abject stupidity. You usually just do that with the meat. One assumes he hadn't planned on eating the hair.

That said, transporting any animal in the trunk does seem rather mean.

They should trow him in a cell and let him stew....

I don't know, if someone wants to eat a cat it is really none of my business. I imagine Chinese do it all the time. The Chinese meat market I saw on TV looked more like a pet store.

It's long ago now, but I was told that a Chinese restaurant in a city I used to live in was caught serving cat meat.

Dave

I think even cat-eaters will agree that it's at least stupid, if not cruel, to marinate a cat before it's dead. Unless you shave it first maybe, and poke a few holes in it. :D

The man is a fruitcake. I suggest his punishment start with a good soaking in his own marinade.

I love steak but in parts of the world that would be unacceptable.

Hehe.... I've got my Indian Hindu steward eating steak. I told him "You are what you eat, so if you eat holy cow you become holy man...." My friends moms always said I was a bad influence....:cornut:

I think its the marinating that got the guy in trouble. I mean that is just wrong, there are cultures that eat cats, dogs, Horses, guinne pigs. Who the hell marinates a live anything?

I think you all are reading into this way too much.

The guy is, to use a medical term, nuts.

Back