Catheter ablation

U

Unregistered

I have seen a cardiologist and have been diagnosed with SVT. I haven't had any loss of consciousness or light headed indicaitons. The SVT always stops by itself. I'm about to the point where I would like to apply for a major airline and would like some advice on medical certification. Since I am basically asymptomatic, is treatment required? I have seen an electrophysiologist and am considering a catheter ablation so I won't have to worry about this in the future. It looks to me like I will have no problem getting a medical certificaiton once I've had the procedure and have a clean holter monitor report.

Any advice on wheter or not I'm reading the info right would be appreciated

SVT is a special issuance. When you apply you will need to mark the box "I possess a waiver from the FAA", or you will need to remain illegal. On day it will surprise you, the rate will go to 160 and stay there for a couple of hours. You'll get quite uncomfortable, short of breath, and you'll wish you were not PIC at that moment.

Do some careful reesearch and get this thing ablated at a center that does a LOT of them (NOT a place that does 50. SERIOUSLY).

Getting certified aftet an ablation is really really easy. Op note, folowup letter at 90 days saying, "no meds full recovery", and a negative holter monitor. "ISSUE AS ELIGIBLE", any class.

I second the recommendation for a high volume electrophysiology center. While SVT ablations are the "easier" of the ones that are done, things can happen. Experience of the EP doc is a key factor in the outcomes.

When Bruce says "50" I am going to make an educated guess and say "50 a year".. as that is the metric used by most entities when dealing with cath lab volumes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back