Caterac Surgery

MBDiagMan

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Doc
Sorry if I misspelled caterac.

My eye doctor said that I was probably 5 years or so away from caterac surgery.

What will the issue be with my medical at that time? Will I have to report it to someone? Will I have to be reexamined by a flight surgeon after both eyes are done?

Just trying to think ahead a little.

Thanks for any information offered!:)

cataract :)

There are a couple of prior threads from people who have gone through it. Those threads also touch on FAA issues like mono-vision and premium IOLs (intraocular lenses).

cataract :)

There are a couple of prior threads from people who have gone through it. Those threads also touch on FAA issues like mono-vision and premium IOLs (intraocular lenses).

Thanks weilke! Although my Moniker says Doc, I'm obviously not one. That is my nickname from the Army.

I searched my incorrect spelling before starting the thread but had no returns. I would have expected it to return something sense the spelling is the same as mine except for the T. I'll try again.

I searched my incorrect spelling before starting the thread but had no returns. I would have expected it to return something sense the spelling is the same as mine except for the T.

You had a letter 'e' in there.

Should be little problem. You need to include FAA Form 8500-7 filled out by your eye doctor when you take your physical. The form is available here:

http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/form/faa8500-7.pdf

I had cataract about 12 years ago. After my eyes recovered, my doctor filled out the form and there was no problems. Still aren't, and I can see better than when I was a kid.

Caterac / Cadillac - what's the difference...

Customer: "I need a part for the exhaust system for my Hyundai, can you help me?"

AM88: "Sure, whatcha need?"

Customer: "I failed the emissions test and need a new Cadillac converter"

Just bring a note from the eye surgeon, after you have recovered saying, "Vision stable, no complications", to your next regularly scheduled medical :)

And, of course, to explicitly answer your question "Will I have to report it to someone?" the answer obviously is yes. But I suspect you already knew that! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back