Categories for photo gallery? (Current users of Member Hangars NEED to read this!)

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
Very soon, hopefully, we'll be upgrading to the new vBulletin version, and when we do so, Member Hangars will be going away (so if you don't have another copy of your pics, save em now!)

The new system to replace it, called "Photo Gallery" is a much more robust application which allows for different categories of pictures. The question to you is, what categories should we have.

I have a starting list:
- Aircraft
- Airports
- Miscellaneous
- Our Members (personalized folders for contributing members)
- People
- Scenery
- Social Events

Do we need any other categories or sub-categories?

Those of you with existing member hangars will be able to post your pictures of your aircraft (with descriptions) in the Aircraft section, but they'll be somewhat mixed in with the other pics in that category. Members who opt to purchase the "Personal Gallery Folder" option will have a personal folder for all of their pics with higher storage limits.

Your input and feedback is requested and appreciated. :)

Chuck

RotaryWingBob said:
How about an explicit gallery for aerial photos (my thought is the scenery might include ground pics)?
I was wondering about that myself...

Two categories then?
Aerial Photographs
Scenery (Non aerial)

Re: Categories for photo gallery? (Current users of Member Hangars NEED to read this!

Greebo said:

Two categories then?
Aerial Photographs
Scenery (Non aerial)
I like that.

Based on Scott's reaction maybe we need a third gallery for "explicit" photos :D

Re: Categories for photo gallery? (Current users of Member Hangars NEED to read this!

Greebo said:

Two categories then?
Aerial Photographs
Scenery (Non aerial)

How about a category specifically for weather pictures? (ground or air)

fgcason said:
How about a category specifically for weather pictures? (ground or air)
Too detailed. There has to be a line.

I'd also consider putting Social Events and People together. "Social" denotes that it's about people. ;)

Brian Austin said:
Too detailed. There has to be a line.

I'd also consider putting Social Events and People together. "Social" denotes that it's about people. ;)
I was wavering on that point myself...

Back