CATCH22's

Germany 1978. Mannheim/Heidelberg

County where I am to work will issue a work permit as soon as the county where I am going to live issues a residence permit.

County where I am going to live will issue a residence permit as soon an the county where I am going to work issues a work permit.

Twice that really come to mind.

1) lived and worked in one state, then moved across state line but still worked in previous state. So I was a part year resident of both states. Each state tax form would let me deduct the taxes paid to the other state. Problem was, I couldn't calculate how much tax I paid to each state until I could complete the other states tax form.

2) Dealing with medical/dental insurance companies: Daughter needed a wisdom tooth removed by oral surgeon. Dental insurance didn't want to pay because an Oral Surgeon is an MD, so considered it a medical procedure. Medical didn't want to pay because they considered it a dental procedure. My HR lady at work was no help, she kept referring to the exclusions in the insurance contracts on page xxx. I asked, why don't I have a page xxx? She said I didn't have the full contract. I asked, why don't I have the full contract? She said she didn't hand any out because no one ever reads them anyway and it's just a waste of perfectly good trees.

Local County airport authority would not issue a operating lease for a building on the airport rented from the authority until you had a business license.

Local city business license office would not issue a business license unless you had a business address, which you could not prove without the lease from the county airport authority.

Twice that really come to mind.

1) lived and worked in one state, then moved across state line but still worked in previous state. So I was a part year resident of both states. Each state tax form would let me deduct the taxes paid to the other state. Problem was, I couldn't calculate how much tax I paid to each state until I could complete the other states tax form.

2) Dealing with medical/dental insurance companies: Daughter needed a wisdom tooth removed by oral surgeon. Dental insurance didn't want to pay because an Oral Surgeon is an MD, so considered it a medical procedure. Medical didn't want to pay because they considered it a dental procedure. My HR lady at work was no help, she kept referring to the exclusions in the insurance contracts on page xxx. I asked, why don't I have a page xxx? She said I didn't have the full contract. I asked, why don't I have the full contract? She said she didn't hand any out because no one ever reads them anyway and it's just a waste of perfectly good trees.

Not sure about your state, but that may have been a fairly illegal omission on her part.

When I had no money, nobody would loan me any. Now I don't need to borrow any money and every bank wants to loan me some.

Could not get insurance on farm because there was a dilapidated house and barn, but nobody would tear it down until I had insurance on the property.

When I was single, it was extremely difficult to find a girlfriend. After I got married, women started falling out of the FREAKIN' WOODWORK!

Go figure that one out....

When I had no money, nobody would loan me any. Now I don't need to borrow any money and every bank wants to loan me some.

Could not get insurance on farm because there was a dilapidated house and barn, but nobody would tear it down until I had insurance on the property.

Lol, in high school my buddies family bought a small farm and ran into the same issue. The following weekend 30 kids showed up with a wide variety of implements of destruction and party supplies and proceeded to pile everything into a massive bonfire.

1. My wife said I can buy any plane I want.

2. She also said to make sure it's big enough for me to sleep in

Not too sure what she means

Any job that pays well enough to go flying takes up all ones free time to do so. ;)

Back