Cars for Sale

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
I thought that Suburus were driven out to this hill over looking a valley and left there with the keys in them.

Both fair deals.

Both fair deals.
Yeah, I maybe I priced them too cheap. Both are sold.

But they're sold so now I guess I'm shopping for a new Forester or Rav4...Momma's two favs. Both good "short people cars" and she certainly fits that description. She loves her old Forester...big windows, low beltline.

Last edited:
Now that there sold, consider this advice...

Don't just take their cash and sign over the title in your driveway. Actually go down to your vehicle registration office and witness them filling out the forms, handing them to the clerk with their fees.

Objective is to positively know they have been registered out of your name and the new title will be issued in the buyers name.

I've dealt with many customer's who have gotten in a bit twist because they didn't do this. Then the new owner went off and did something that created a big legal or financial event while the former owner was still the owner of record. So you can guess who the legal and financial agencies went after (
smiley_star.png
if you said the seller).

Also keep a copy of the buyers drivers license to go along with your copy of the bill of sale. :D No copier at home? Take a picture with your phone and email it to yourself.:D
Most people are very honest, it's the small % that make me suspicious and cautious. ;)

Now that there sold, consider this advice...

Don't just take their cash and sign over the title in your driveway. Actually go down to your vehicle registration office and witness them filling out the forms, handing them to the clerk with their fees.

Objective is to positively know they have been registered out of your name and the new title will be issued in the buyers name.

I've dealt with many customer's who have gotten in a bit twist because they didn't do this. Then the new owner went off and did something that created a big legal or financial event while the former owner was still the owner of record. So you can guess who the legal and financial agencies went after (
smiley_star.png
if you said the seller).

Actually, I sold both to family. I have a HUGE family and I copied them on the craigslist ads. I already took the ads down because i was getting a lot of local interest also, one girl was ready to come out with cash this morning for either one.

I sold the Forester to a niece, for her daughter who just turned 16 and the 4Runner to a brother who just bought a place with a long uphill driveway and he needs 4wd when it snows...as it does regularly in the STL area.

Good advice though. I wouldn't have thought to do that. What I've always done in the past is copy the backside of the title that shows the signatures of transfer and also Missouri requires a bill of sale be executed and I always kept a copy of that. That probably offered some protection but definitely not as much as your plan!

In Texas there is a form the seller can fill out that declares you no longer have the car. I sold a car to a gentlemen who was sending it to Nigeria. He never bothered with the title so I sent in the form. I never did check back to ensure the change was made.

Back