Carrying Gun from KEMT to KL35

odachoo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Odachoo
Hi Guys,
Do you know if it's allowed (legally) to carry guns and ammo in plane from EMT to L35 ? A friend of mine asked me to fly him and his guns and I'm not sure about the laws and regulations in CA and GA ?

Thanks,
Odachoo

I've done it quite often, just like bringing your rifles to a shoot in another state, just lock them in their cases.

ALSO in the communist state of CA many firearms are "illegal", might want to make sure youre not bringing anything into CA that that is deemed "illegal"

I carry a gun every time I fly, and sometimes several more than one. (My record is 63 in a C210N, accompanied by about 25,000 rds ...) But I haven't been to either of those states with a gun. As far as I know, if you carry them in a non-functioning state (ie not loaded) and away from ammo (ie ammo in another container), then you're good. However, as IANAL, I'm not sure how a state like Kalifornia will like that method with a firearm which they outlaw, such as an AR-15 with removable mags. If the particular firearms you're bringing are legal in CA anyway, then the non-functioning state will be fine.

The answer to this should be...

Is it legal to bring a guitar? Which item is Constitutionally protected?

But California and her voters are anti-Constitution. They're too good for such silliness.

There's no problem on the flying part. It's at the discretion of the airplane operator (in this case, you).

The only questions are on the owning part at the source, destination and any potential diversion points in between. For example if you were flying over NJ and had to divert, you'd want to make sure you didn't run afoul of NJ laws.

at my home drone there is a sign that specifically says "No guns" so if you can somehow get the gun into the airplane without taking it on the airport premises go for it. :)

at my home drone there is a sign that specifically says "No guns" so if you can somehow get the gun into the airplane without taking it on the airport premises go for it. :)

Depending on the particular State, those signs may or may not have any force of law of any kind. They're completely useless here. Constitutional Carry in all but a couple of municipalities.

The business may ask you to leave, and if you don't, you can be charged with Trespass. So you get in the airplane and leave, as requested.

Other than that, put the thing in something that doesn't scream "gun case" and what they don't know will never hurt them. Especially if the sign is cute and useless.

There's also some Federal laws that apply at TSA-Secured facilities.

YMMV.

None of the above is advice. Advice: Learn local laws and laws along the intended route and at the destination. They're easy to research.

Anyone thinking there's no one carrying in places where there are useless "no gun" signs, is a bit naive. I bet your airport doesn't frisk off-duty cops, for example. Most (here anyway), carry on and off duty.

Some carry two, if they believe in "New York Reloads". ;)

Likely not a lawful sign in Ohio

There is a legal formula for a "guns not allowed on premises" sign in ohio.

The big one is that municipalities are not allowed to decide not to allow arms, and airports are conspicuously absent from the state level restrictions as only a nod to the federal ban on firearms in "passenger carrying terminals"

Likely not a lawful sign in Ohio

I just call them silly signs. Lawful indicates more importance than they deserve, as if maybe they could just be better signs somehow... And struggle their way to the tippy top of sign behavior. ;)

You can hang a sign that says "Supercalifrgilisticexbealidocious", too. It looks nice in multi-color vinyl to some. Waste of money notifying someone of something one doesn't have the authority to notify about.

I saw the sign I want to make for the entrance road for the house, though...

"If you can read this, you're in range."

I saw the sign I want to make for the entrance road for the house, though...

"If you can read this, you're in range."
Reminds me of something a friend of mine did years ago. He'd built a place out in the country and had half a dozen plastic pink flamingos in the front yard... each of them stenciled:

"FRONT
TOWARD ENEMY"

:)

Reminds me of something a friend of mine did years ago. He'd built a place out in the country and had half a dozen plastic pink flamingos in the front yard... each of them stenciled:

"FRONT
TOWARD ENEMY"

:)

ROFL!!!!

GA is no problem. We used to have some messed up laws related to firearms and airports, but our local pro-gun groups got that changed a couple of years ago. You can now have legally-possessed firearms anywhere in the airport except at the secured areas (TSA passenger zones). That includes carrying if you have a valid permit.

Back