Carry On Regs

i am pretty mobile and organized when it comes to packing. I do not experience a down side with dragging my bag around. I think generally most frequent flyers are more organized for the airports than infrequent flyers.

Amen... when I was jetting around a lot for work, I had the whole drill down to a science. Almost always had a Pelican case full of tools that had to be checked, but whenever possible I'd also pack clothes and toiletries in there, and sometimes the laptop, to minimize the carry-on load and delays in the security gauntlet.

A couple of times, when I didn't have to bring tools and was staying for a week or less, all I had was a small backpack and laptop bag (easy to do when you aren't packing suits, LOL). Before I walk in the door of the terminal from the street, I have checked my pockets, got my flight info and/or pre-printed pass ready, etc. No futzing around at the check-in counter/kiosk or the security line. If I'm carrying on the laptop, it is out of the bag before I grab an x-ray bin, and the shoes are off. We can't be dignified anymore, so we may as well at least be expedient. :rolleyes:

Of all the annoyances involved with airline travel, including the TSA games, unprepared and uncooperative pax are the worst. Delays, arguments, stuff all over the place... they make me crazy.

Back