Caribbean approach plates

WYOFlyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Clay
Howdy folks -

Google's been pointing me to this forum for so many years, I figured I'd might as well join up -

I'll be flying into the Caribbean later this week - I've done it many times before without need for plates, but the weather this time around may make them advisable. I'm having no luck finding copies online, other than on the sim boards. Would anyone have a copy of the plates for the following they'd be willing to share, or be able to point me to a source?

I'm looking for:

MYEF
MBPV
TNCM
TUPJ

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

- Clay

Looking in my Bahamas & Caribbean Pilot's Guide book MYEF Exuma Int'l does not have an instrument approach. Only Freeport and NaSsua have an instrument approach.

PM me your information. I have a Jeppessen account and I can email them to you.

It's rarely wise to fly IFR/IMC down there, you'll note none of the freight dogs or air taxi operators will. Lot's of bad stuff lives in those clouds, and the ceilings are typically high enough you don't need to get in them. When it's IMC, it's T-Storms.

It's rarely wise to fly IFR/IMC down there, you'll note none of the freight dogs or air taxi operators will. Lot's of bad stuff lives in those clouds, and the ceilings are typically high enough you don't need to get in them. When it's IMC, it's T-Storms.

True, though sometimes comms make avoiding minor buildups a bit problematic. I generally file IFR into the Caribbean, though not always - I've only twice encountered IMC, once in the central eastern Caribbean, once in the northern Bahamas (THAT was a long story, and not a flight I'm proud of). Plates weren't needed either time, and I wouldn't have taken off if conditions were making an approach probable. I'd just feel better having them as backup this time around.

- Clay

Back