Careful what's on your laptop

JohnR

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Grrrrrrrr
I posted this just before POA's database went haywire, then posted it again when it came back, in Hangar Talk.

Last edited:
posted what exactly? Is my laptop at risk :blowingkisses:

I'm puzzled.
Thinking_Smiley.gif

Put it on a treadmill...

;)
:p
I'm gonna pretend I only dreamed that.

In fact, I'm gonna pretend all of yesterday was a dream. Today will be my nightmare.

Tomorrow will be fantasy. At least, it will be if it doesn't rain! :D

Put it on a treadmill...

;)
:p

So, what happens if you put a computer on a spinning platform, turning opposite direction at the same speed as the platters on the hard drive in the computer.

Will you still be able to read data from the hard drive?

So, what happens if you put a computer on a spinning platform, turning opposite direction at the same speed as the platters on the hard drive in the computer.

Oh Crap....Here we go again :rolleyes:

Yes....the platter may seem stationary to the outside observer, but withing the rotating frame of reference the platter is stiill spinning.

Pete

P.S. If a plane takes off on a tread mill in a forest and no one is around who will file the NTSB report?

You will be unable to type on the keyboard or read the screen. I can't read the data on the drive as it is now, my eyes are not that good:yes:

Remember Today's the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday:eek:

Bill, will your grandchildren see you as this evil?

:D

All I know is my laptop gets so heavy I can hardly drag it around. Then I just delete a bunch of files and it feels soooo much lighter I can go on for days and days and days.....
I usually just delete the really heavy ones first.:goofy:

All I know is my laptop gets so heavy I can hardly drag it around. Then I just delete a bunch of files and it feels soooo much lighter I can go on for days and days and days.....
I usually just delete the really heavy ones first.:goofy:
Those must be the ones where the information is stored in protons instead of electrons. Another solution to lighten the laptop (and actually make it float alongside you!) is to just reverse the polarity of the neutron flow. :yes:

Back