Career changers

I was in sales most of my life. Problem is I hated it. At 40 I decided to go to technical school to become an HVAC technician. I went to school at night and found an HVAC company that would let me train with them during the day. The first couple of years were tough. I had small kids. My wife was working full time. But I picked up the technical side of the business very quickly and thus soon after graduating from school was making pretty decent money. I've been doing it for 10 years now and couldn't be happier.

Ken,
I haven't been working too long since graduation law school, but I'm already looking for a possible change into Federal Law Enforcement. Turns out I really like the investigation side of the work I currently do, and that I just happen to be in the physical shape, and have the freedom to make a move. We'll see what happens.
I'm guessing from reading the Adam thread that you are looking at going to law school?
I'd be pretty curious to hear why you want to go to LS, and what you want to do with the degree. I managed to leverage my interest in aviation, and got one of the few jobs in Aviation law (actually two, but I only accepted one!)
I think that your success in finding a job after LS is contingent on quickly identifying your interest area, and focusing on that interest area early in the game.
Despite the load that most LS recruiters will have you believe, law jobs come from networking. That needs to be started early.
Send me a PM if you are interested, and I'll give you my phone number. It hasn't been that long since I entered LS, hopefully I can help you make an informed decision.

The gene pool gets muddled-up at times. I cannot imagine wanting, or being interested in, a wife who would do what I told her to do.

Good on you!
Fully agreed! I know that Leslie is the smarter of the two of us, and we also know that we had better never really fight, because it'll be nuclear! I think she's finally starting to realize how special she is! (And you can tell her I said so! :yes:)

Fully agreed! I know that Leslie is the smarter of the two of us, and we also know that we had better never really fight, because it'll be nuclear! I think she's finally starting to realize how special she is! (And you can tell her I said so! :yes:)

It is so nice when the path to enlightenment is traveled well! :D

Hey, she's the one with two degrees from the Univ. of Chicago (statistics and business admin, conc. in finance and accounting). Think I'm proud of her?:wonderwoman:

:yes:

BTW dear, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!:yes::blowingkisses::wineglass::cheers:

Back