Cardiac issues

Luigi

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Luigi
Cardiac issues relaxed for medical

I received an email from AOPA touting a coming Silberman webinar re: relaxation of medical requirements concerning certain cardiac issues. Anyone care to venture a guess??:dunno:

Last edited:
I think this is the announcement that the use of flow studies at Cath around narrow lesions are finally becoming FAA mainstream (accepted in the community about TEN years ago...more of the usual)!

Three months for a Stent or PTCA without an MI is a welcome change :)

After all, there is no rehab. and most of the risk of closure is early, e.g within 60 days anyway :)

Paging Doc Bruce.

I have a small issue with what I believe to be heart palpitations. Fear not, I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday.

I have always felt an occasional extra thump of my heartbeat when at rest since I can remember. I never thought anything about it, it never caused an issue, and have believed it to be a normal occurrence that everyone experiences.

Of late, defined as the last several months, it occurs more frequently and it seems difficult to "calm down." In other words, it seems that my heart is racing even at rest, to the point where it is difficult to sleep. When heart rate and blood pressure are checked, they are at the complete normal stages at around 60-65 bpm and 115/79.

Last few days have been almost uncomfortable with them occurring and lasting for hours. Again, when exerting, everything seems fine, just at rest. I do not seem to have any other symptoms, although the discomfort in the chest is, while not painful at all, disconcerting.

I rarely see a physician and would like to have an idea of what to have him do for tests and the like to gear it for whatever I may need in the way of documentation.

As I said, fear not, my health is more important than my ticket.

Re: Paging Doc Bruce.

I have a small issue with what I believe to be heart palpitations. Fear not, I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday.

I have always felt an occasional extra thump of my heartbeat when at rest since I can remember. I never thought anything about it, it never caused an issue, and have believed it to be a normal occurrence that everyone experiences.

Of late, defined as the last several months, it occurs more frequently and it seems difficult to "calm down." In other words, it seems that my heart is racing even at rest, to the point where it is difficult to sleep. When heart rate and blood pressure are checked, they are at the complete normal stages at around 60-65 bpm and 115/79.

Last few days have been almost uncomfortable with them occurring and lasting for hours. Again, when exerting, everything seems fine, just at rest. I do not seem to have any other symptoms, although the discomfort in the chest is, while not painful at all, disconcerting.

I rarely see a physician and would like to have an idea of what to have him do for tests and the like to gear it for whatever I may need in the way of documentation.

As I said, fear not, my health is more important than my ticket.
He'll probably try to figure out if you're having paroxysms of Atrial Fibrillation. that is certifiable with the right studies. See what he has to say.... :)

Re: Paging Doc Bruce.

He'll probably try to figure out if you're having paroxysms of Atrial Fibrillation. that is certifiable with the right studies. See what he has to say.... :)

Interestingly enough, all symptoms have disappeared.

Do you drink much caffine?

I have the same issue from time to time. In my case, it's almost always after drinking too much soda. Mtn Dew is the worst. For me, it doesn't take much, maybe a couple sodas will get the ol' ticker skipping beats and thumping like crazy.

My wife had similar feelings for a few weeks a couple years ago. Her issue was actually esophagus spasms, which to her felt like heart issues. She wore a heart monitor for 24 hrs, and it revealed no heart palpatations, but swore up and down it felt just like her heart skipping beats.

BTW, what is commonly described as skipped beats, is actually premature beats.

Three months for a Stent or PTCA without an MI is a welcome change :)

After all, there is no rehab. and most of the risk of closure is early, e.g within 60 days anyway :)

What about a stent with a MI?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back