Car parked too close to my plane

He's 9" from your plane, but not hitting anything, right? I'm confused who the @ hole is here...

If he's starting his plane in place, and taxing out, maybe he's parking his car there to block your plane from prop blast.

Oh, and I have a back so bad, my doctor looks at me in amazement at the fact that I can still walk...yet, if you saw me get out of my car, you'd never know.

Actually his driver's side door was adjacent to my wingtip within 9", there was no way he could open that door without at least touching the wingtip, I guess he accessed the interior of the car from the passenger's side door. Sorry you think I'm the a hole. I always afford people a little space, and at the airport I employ the 10' rule like John in the post above.
Any way, happy Easter!

Can't he park directly behind his plane?

I got done flying on Wednesday and as customary, I taxi down the row of hangar doors, when I get to mine I swing to the right and shut down, so all I need to do is basically push straight back.

As usual I was unloading my stuff and opened the hangar door, then the guy fixing my hangar heater was there(van parked out of the way) and I was talking to him.

Here comes a pickup hauling an(looked like an RV12) experimental project... down the taxiway. Never mind that the truck probably wasn't authorized to be on the ramp(someone just used their badge to open the gate), neither occupant talked to me, one just jumped out, ran behind my airplane and decided there was room and waved the pickup and trailer on through between my airplane and the front of my hangar... with not what I would call a lot of room.. all the while I'm standing by the nose of my airplane almost dumbfounded.. Inconsiderate jerks. Always of the mindset that confrontation solves little and knowing what sort of temper I can have, I said nothing, pushed my airplane in the hangar and went home.
So you left your plane in the alleyway while you were chatting, and someone towed a plane past it without touching it. That doesn't seem confrontation worthy to me, and I've been called a hothead a time or two.

You miss the point. These guys drove up, and without saying a word to anyone immediately proceeded to do what I described above.

Myself, I would have at least waited, or got out and talked with the owner of the airplane to see if they were planning on moving it. In my mind that would have been a courteous thing to do.

I was going to "hurry up" and push it into the hangar, but literally didn't get the chance to.

You think it's ok to do what they did? I don't.. not when it was that close. Their truck and trailer literally drove directly under my open hangar door. And no it's not really confrontation worthy which is why I didn't have any words with them. That doesn't mean it didn't irritate me a little.

Airplanes are very expensive to fix and ding easily. As mentioned above, when I'm on the ramp with my truck, all airplanes get a lot of clearance from me.

Can't he park directly behind his plane?

The OP didn't say this, but somehow I'm betting these are pull-through spaces. If he parked behind the plane he could taxi out under power, but couldn't pull back in. My tie-down space is this way, and I taxi in and out under power every time because I'm parked on a bit of an incline. It's just barely too steep to pull the plane forward by hand, and also steep enough that pushing it back in by hand could result in the plane dragging you away behind it. We aren't allowed to leave cars parked on the ramp at all though.

Back