Caption This

MachFly

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
MachFly
45973213.jpg

Looks like a good candidate for a "Caption This" thread.

Taken from the NTSB factual report

"Contributing factor, Male Pattern Baldness"

Who says a Cessna 172 has only four places?

Aussie economy class.

One way to get enough room in a 172.

Aileron trim in a 172.

"Dang, mate! Lay off the burritos!"

"I'm photoshopped!"

Exactly! Unless there's another guy hanging off the other strut. There's no aileron deflection at all...

Hmmm. Maybe long range tanks with the other side completely full? Cast iron wingtip on the left wing?

Naah, it's Photoshopped.

1) Why you shouldn't hand-prop without a certified pilot at the controls.
2) If he's a liberal, that's parasite drag! (Substitute liberal for republican if you're offended. I don't want to send this to the spin-zone.)
3) Do I have to factor him into the W&B?
4) Gas--check, Undercarriage--check, Mixture--check, Prop--check, Shake the guy off your wing strut--pending.

Isn't he wearing a parachute that the stunt men wear when they have to go out of a plane to look like someone is falling without a parachute?

Love may lift us up where we belong, but any second now Pete will demonstrate what happens after we get married.

Isn't he wearing a parachute that the stunt men wear when they have to go out of a plane to look like someone is falling without a parachute?

That is a regular sport parachute. Chest strap is hidden by his arm. Picture does look like they stuck someone else's head on it. As skydiving pictures go there is no big deal here, for the people that like that sort of thing that is as normal as reading a checklist.

You said if I wanted a smoke I'd have to step outside. You didn't tell me it was dangerous!!

Exactly! Unless there's another guy hanging off the other strut. There's no aileron deflection at all...

Hmmm. Maybe long range tanks with the other side completely full? Cast iron wingtip on the left wing?

Naah, it's Photoshopped.
and his foot is at ground level for a plane sitting on the ramp

seen people hang from struts many times and even at C-182 speeds there is more slipstream effect than that

seen people hang from struts many times and even at C-182 speeds there is more slipstream effect than that

It's defiantly possible that it is photoshopped. I seriously doubt that there is another on the other wing, also the shadows seems to be a little off.

"Open the pod bay door, HAL!"

It's defiantly possible that it is photoshopped. I seriously doubt that there is another on the other wing, also the shadows seems to be a little off.

POSSIBLE?

It's very, very, very obviously photoshopped. And not even very skillfully.

The fricken' aircraft boundary isn't even blurred. You can clearly see the pixellation where the field it was parked at was edited out.

I don't think anyone has been asking if the photo is real. I'd question the ability of anyone who believed this photo to interpret an airspeed indicator.

POSSIBLE?

It's very, very, very obviously photoshopped. And not even very skillfully.

The fricken' aircraft boundary isn't even blurred. You can clearly see the pixellation where the field it was parked at was edited out.

I don't think anyone has been asking if the photo is real. I'd question the ability of anyone who believed this photo to interpret an airspeed indicator.

If this is 'shopped, they did a hell of a job getting the reflection of the terrain on the bottom of the wing.

I'll be sure to get some extra instruction on airspeed indicator interpretation.

His foot is on the step. Most jump planes have a step that goes over the wheel and extends out a few inches. Also, look at the top of the picture. You can see the edge of the jump door.

If it is shopped it is just a head swap. Hanging off the strut of a cessna is no big deal.

The picture leaves out the guy hanging off the other strut for balance :)

How about this as a caption:

"I'm going to start a thread and post a picture, then watch to see how long it takes before the guys around here start arguing about something completely unrelated to the original intent of the thread!!"

Oh, wait, that is just like every other thread.... :rofl:

:stirpot::smilewinkgrin:

How about this as a caption:

"I'm going to start a thread and post a picture, then watch to see how long it takes before the guys around here start arguing about something completely unrelated to the original intent of the thread!!"

Oh, wait, that is just like every other thread.... :rofl:

:stirpot::smilewinkgrin:

That was not my intent. However I see no problem with discussing the validity of the picture.

Back