Captain post count

Anyone who wants a high post count, spend a weekend in the SZ.
Helps if you talk about how guns make you gay.

"I Believe In Gun Rights For Married Gay Couples To Defend Their Homes And Marijuana Plants."

(Added that last part because... Colorado! Hahaha.)

With the subject matter of his posts and his thought process, I hope he doesn't really sit in the front seat.

"I Believe In Gun Rights For Married Gay Couples To Defend Their Homes And Marijuana Plants."

(Added that last part because... Colorado! Hahaha.)

Been hitting the weed before posting on POA again? LOL

David

You will never figure out what is in his mind, a good deal of the posts are entertaining.

POA loves him for keeping the site current.

Is this a personal attack thread?

I don't know, he's pretty entertaining. Occasionally educational. And I agree with him about half the time.

Now I have to go see just what his post count is up to. I seldom look at that.

Is this a personal attack thread?

No, its a plea to get him back on his medications (faa approved of course).

Can the mods enact something like a breathalyzer that he has to blow into before being permitted to post about Bravo again? Has to be under a certain BAC to unlock the "Submit" button.

I realize that would eliminate a large percentage of POA posters though!

Last edited:
Quite a few people who formerly frequented this place don't any longer. I can't speak for all but I can speak for the ones I know personally and one of their main reasons (and mine) is because this place has become far too much like Facebook (a quote from EdFred).

It's also become inhabited by far to many asshats who love to troll.

Ed's idea, and I think it's a good one, is that a person be limited to 100...500...howevermany...posts until they attend a PoA fly-in and actually meet the others who are here.

In Captain's defense, at least he didn't bite hard on the "next word" thread. Talk about a total waste of electrons. But, hey, it set a new number of posts record. Weeeeee....what a ride!:rolleyes:

With all that said...to each his/her own...I'm sure many like the new freewheeling, aviation optional, PoA. Me, not so much.

People that don't want any lightheartedness at all can always go over to the highly restrictive, all-business all the time AOPA forum. I am on there to but I do not go there a lot because it is pretty static.

David

People that don't want any lightheartedness at all can always go over to the highly restrictive, all-business all the time AOPA forum. I am on there to but I do not go there a lot because it is pretty static.

David

There's a nice balance somewhere between the two. Like what this place was 6 or 8 years ago.

The saving grace is that the "ignore" function works just as well with threads as it does with people, better actually. One must spend a lot of time putting the chaff on ignore to get to the wheat these days though.

Likely a generational thing.

Last edited:

David
I don't recall anyone saying that they don't want any lightheartedness at all.

But have you ever heard the phrase "too much of a good thing"? It is even more true about things that are not all that good to start with.

Quite a few people who formerly frequented this place don't any longer. I can't speak for all but I can speak for the ones I know personally and one of their main reasons (and mine) is because this place has become far too much like Facebook (a quote from EdFred).

Ed's idea, and I think it's a good one, is that a person be limited to 100...500...howevermany...posts until they attend a PoA fly-in and actually meet the others who are here.

In Captain's defense, at least he didn't bite hard on the "next word" thread. Talk about a total waste of electrons. But, hey, it set a new number of posts record. Weeeeee....what a ride!:rolleyes:

With all that said...to each his/her own...I'm sure many like the new freewheeling, aviation optional, PoA. Me, not so much.
One idea I've been bouncing around is some sort of counter underneath people's username that indicates how many fly-ins they've attended that were organized on this website. I think it'd encourage fly-ins and would encourage people to attend them and the result would be people getting more friendly.

I think there is plenty of evidence on this website that backs the idea of the fly-ins building stronger relationships. When you've met someone in person and know you may meet them in person again one day you tend to treat them with more respect.

I think it has less to do with the 'Facebook' stylings and more to do with the asshats.

One idea I've been bouncing around is some sort of counter underneath people's username that indicates how many fly-ins they've attended that were organized on this website. I think it'd encourage fly-ins and would encourage people to attend them and the result would be people getting more friendly.

I think there is plenty of evidence on this website that backs the idea of the fly-ins building stronger relationships. When you've met someone in person and know you may meet them in person again one day you tend to treat them with more respect.

Not a bad idea, anything that encourages fly ins is worth a shot if it's just a few lines of code. I haven't made much for POA fly ins, but the one I did make I hand propped a guy to get him home, does that count as extra credit?:lol: I have had quite a few flights/rides from POA members though.

Glad to know I'm not the only POA member who's been TUI (typing while enjoying adult beverages). :goofy:

That is a good idea. Better then make it some kind of mandatory thing. Plus then it will be a challenge to get that number up.

Does a drive in count?
Had a good breakfast with some POAers this am.
Everyone drove though.

Of course, there might need to be some accommodation for members who no longer can fly for a variety of reasons.

Of course, there might need to be some accommodation for members who no longer can fly for a variety of reasons.
You can attend as a passenger but make sure you don't arrange your ride on this website, especially if you are going to pay your pro rata share! :D

I met one other POA'er at KDED (Deland, FL) a couple of weekends ago. Am I in? (We both flew in, although it would've been quicker if I drove. I'm based out of KORL (Orlando Exec) and live about 1/2 in between.)

John

Back