Captain Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
I got this email from UAL today.

It made me think of Airplane and I got a chuckle. Perhaps I am too jet lagged. But.....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:23 AM
Subject: Meet your pilot; learn about the aircraft

To ensure receipt of our emails, please add email@info.united.com to your Address Book.
============================================================
United(R)
============================================================

Before takeoff, talk to your pilot...
and collect our fleet cards

Dear Mr. Scott Migaldi,

Some of our best customers have told us that they -- and the children traveling with them -- would welcome the opportunity to chat with the pilot.

United's pilots are the best in the business and are always happy to talk about their pride and passion.
Captain Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?
Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
Captain Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?

Captain Oveur: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

Captain Oveur: Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

When you see our flight crew in the concourse or at the gate area, ask them about our airline, the plane, the flight in general, or even questions regarding their own travel experiences and adventures as pilots.

Many of our pilots also carry colorful cards showing the aircraft that each is certified to fly, as well as all the others, so go ahead and ask for one. The Captain or First Officer can even autograph the fleet card if you would like.

These fun collectors' items show your aircraft with all of its relevant stats. Visit united.com to view all the fleet cards available.
http://mymileageplus.com/mmps/96135/234895/90d9623582404a1bf79a252f02bf53af

You're now invited to ask away...before you fly away on United.

United's pilots are the best in the business and are always happy to talk about their pride and passion.

When you see our flight crew in the concourse or at the gate area, ask them about our airline, the plane, the flight in general, or even questions regarding their own travel experiences and adventures as pilots.

You're now invited to ask away...before you fly away on United.

Not that I fly UA.... but.... maybe one should ask WHY a UA pilot just this week called a security alert - causing a multi-hour delay out of Chicago - because *gasp* there was a book on board written in arabic. That brought an entire swat team from UA & others (including the top manager of security for ORD) to sweep the plane.

Give me a friggin' break.

Not that I fly UA.... but.... maybe one should ask WHY a UA pilot just this week called a security alert - causing a multi-hour delay out of Chicago - because *gasp* there was a book on board written in arabic. That brought an entire swat team from UA & others (including the top manager of security for ORD) to sweep the plane.

Give me a friggin' break.

I haven't heard that one. Are you sure it wasn't TSA that actually did that after the pilot turned it in?

HAHA:

"What you really need to do is find out if there is an equivalent of the Gideons for the Koran. You could tie up domestic air travel for months...."

That's a shame. While I'd feel a bit uncomfortable with an Arabic book laying around also, I certainly wouldn't let that alone cause a delay. I assume there has to be more to the story than this.

I understand that when that Arabic book was later translated, they found it to be a Harlequin "SPICE" novel. The jihad isn't nearly as entertaining.

Really that is all that is necessary in this day and age...

"Them books will give ya idea" - unknown citizen of my town complaining to the library board about kids having access to information in the library.

To be more specific, I guess I'll say "I'd feel uncomfortable if I saw any book lying around that attempted to guarantee my own demise because I am not proper according to some god somewhere."

Whether its:
Nick Must Die
Nick is going to Die
The Koran
Something else written in Arabic
Die, Nick, Nick

It would upset me, and make me feel like my life is being threatened.

To be more specific, I guess I'll say "I'd feel uncomfortable if I saw any book lying around that attempted to guarantee my own demise because I am not proper according to some god somewhere."

Whether its:
Nick Must Die
Nick is going to Die
The Koran
Something else written in Arabic
Die, Nick, Nick

It would upset me, and make me feel like my life is being threatened.

The Christian Bible??

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man." - Numbers 31:17

The Christian Bible??

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man." - Numbers 31:17

How can something from the Old Testament be "Christian" ?

Try again.

How can something from the Old Testament be "Christian" ?

Try again.

Ii read the Christian Bible and I have never seen one without the Old Testament in it. Not to mention there are a lot of Christians who sure like to quote Leviticus when it is convenient to their argument.

The question is why does Nick feel threatened when he sees Arabic writing but English writing that also talks of killing people based on their beliefs may not be are abhorrent to him?

but in the Bible, the new testament wipes away (removed "all of")the laws of Judah, the OT is to be used for "historical" purposes for TRUE Christians, not for Levitical laws. Those people quoting from the first five books for laws aren't Christians. I also didn't realize the Bible was written in English. Hebrew and Greek last time I checked. ;)

Last edited:
but in the Bible, the new testament wipes away all of the laws of Judah, the OT is to be used for "historical" purposes for TRUE Christians, not for Levitical laws. Those people quoting from the first five books for laws aren't Christians. I also didn't realize the Bible was written in English. Hebrew and Greek last time I checked. ;)

Is that True ChristiansTM, http://www.landoverbaptist.org/ :D

As for written in 'english' visit any hotel, lots of English bibles in there.

But in all seriousness. How about this one?

Luke 19:27
"But those enemies of mine (Jesus speaking) who did not want me to be king over them - bring them here and kill them in front of me."

I'll have to read the chapter for context. I prefer the verse that makes Jesus Republican.

Luke 19:24-26 :D

Edit: Upon reading, Jesus must have been on drugs, because verse 27 is so non-sequitor.

Last edited:
I'll have to read the chapter for context. I prefer the verse that makes Jesus Republican.

Luke 19:24-26 :D

Edit: Upon reading, Jesus must have been on drugs, because verse 27 is so non-sequitor.
Actually the probable truth is that the bible was written years later by people who injected their own thoughts into the mythology of Christianity that people we practitcing. just as we see 'preachers' today saying stupid stuff like "New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God,” Hagee said, because “there was to be a homosexual parade there on the Monday that the Katrina came."

But the question remains why be afraid of books or a language?

If the idea that books are template and/or orders to follow we had better hope no one ever reads Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor. If they do you can see that one would get the idea to fly a 747 into the capital! Oh my! You don't suppose that one of the Saudi terrorists or even bin Laden himself read that book and got the idea? If so that would mean Tom Clancy is the mastermind behind 911! ;)

Last edited:
Mark Twain is scary enough as it is!!!!

Those people quoting from the first five books for laws aren't Christians. I also didn't realize the Bible was written in English. Hebrew and Greek last time I checked. ;)

So Christians don't have to follow the 10 Commandments (Book of Exodus, 2nd book of the Christian Old Testament in the King James version)?

Then why all the hub bub about having the ten commandments in so many public places?

The 10 commandments got rolled into the two great commandments that Jesus talked about. Love God/others. Which pretty much covers 1-10. As far as why they want them in public places. Don't ask me, I haven't set foot in a church except for a wedding or funeral in over a decade.

Back