Captain Kirk Wakes Discovery Crew

Capt. Kirk Wakes Discovery Crew

• Cool

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • Cheesy

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cool (but should have used the Trek theme music from one of the movies rather than from the TV show. The movie versions were more orchestral and much more dramatic)

Was pretty cool. Ol'e Cap'n Kirk recorded it perfectly.

Where no MAN has gone before.

Did he mean Mankind or Man the gender. Uhura?

Discuss.

:D

I wonder which member of the crew chose that! (Generally, each member of the crew gets to pick their wake-up music for a day.)

I have to go with Cool though. :yes:

Cheesy, but I like it. I just hope we don't see this in the museum display. And yeah, the theme from a movie would have been better but there's probably an issue with royalties.
(BTW: How much did Shatner get for it?)

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts133/110307fd12/ said:
Boe and his crewmates -- commander Steven Lindsey, Nicole Stott, Michael Barratt and spacewalkers Stephen Bowen and Alvin Drew -- got in the proper spirit for undocking with a 3:23 a.m. wakeup song from Houston that was voted the second most popular in a NASA contest: the Alexander Courage theme from the 1960s television series "Star Trek."

Looks like NASA held a contest this time.

It's too bad that NASA blew the "Enterprise" name for the shuttle on the original non-space ready flying test prototype.

If you remember, Capt. Pickard had that model in his ready room.

They should have brought a second "Enterprise" N1201-B

They could use the name again for the Mars or 2nd moon mission, if we live that long.

It's too bad that NASA blew the "Enterprise" name for the shuttle on the original non-space ready flying test prototype.

It was supposed to fly, as the 2nd shuttle behind Columbia. But, after Columbia was built, the design was changed a bit in the wings and fuselage to lower the weight of the vehicle. It was cheaper to take a test article (OV-99, Challenger) and make it flight capable than it would have been to make OV-101 flight capable.

I think it's perfect and cheesy- kinda like the original series itself. :D

That theme- and all of the music from the early episodes- is very near and dear to my heart; that show was a very important part of my childhood.

I'm just surprised that there was anyone on that crew old enough to recognize the theme, or Shatner's voice. :D

I think it's perfect and cheesy- kinda like the original series itself. :D

That theme- and all of the music from the early episodes- is very near and dear to my heart; that show was a very important part of my childhood.

I'm just surprised that there was anyone on that crew old enough to recognize the theme, or Shatner's voice. :D

They'd heard Priceline.com ads on TV. They know what Shatner sounds like. :D

And the reruns were on cable within the past ten years.

Back