Cape May (WWD) - Sun., 10/30 - UPDATE (crossposted)

Toby

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Toby Speed
Looks like beautiful weather Sunday for our Cape May fly-in. I just called the restaurant (Antino's Cornerstone Cafe) and made a reservation for 25. I have about 20 names on my list from this webboard and two others. The restaurant said there's no problem, they can accommodate even more, if more of us show up.

We're meeting at 11:30, and try to park in the southeast corner of the field, near the approach ends of 1 and 28. Parking is just off taxiway A near E. The restaurant, terminal, and museum are all in that area. I understand that the FBO and fuel are in a different part of the field.

See you guys Sunday!

Is Adam firing up a grill? :D

If I could get mega tailwinds....nah...I better not think about it too much.

Looks as if I might have to cancel. taking the C-1 in for some warranty work today, don't know if I'll have it back in time.

Just a heads-up - the museum expects a ramp fee "donation" if you park in the SE corner of the field.

I usually park about half-way between the tanks on the SW corner and the big hangar. That's the FBO's territory, and they don't charge a ramp fee.

Mark the museum has only ever asked me for a donation when I went in the museum. If this has changed you may want to move closer to the FBO but that is Waaaay down on the ramp more toward the departure end of 28.

N2212R said:
Is Adam firing up a grill? :D

If I could get mega tailwinds....nah...I better not think about it too much.

Fire heh heh fire. Yeah lets FIRE up the grill. But that will have to wait till spring for the Wings Fly-B-Que

AdamZ said:
Mark the museum has only ever asked me for a donation when I went in the museum. If this has changed you may want to move closer to the FBO but that is Waaaay down on the ramp more toward the departure end of 28.

Yeah, they've never asked me, but the begging sign is there.

I throw a few bucks in when ever I go to the museum cause its a neat place preserving some aviation history. I don't feel compelled to throw $$ at them everytime I land and park there, so no need to park further away in my opinion.

AdamZ said:
They let me in for free when I told them I was a VN vet!

Sunday's WX is LOOKING GOOD, i'll be there along with my buddy Tim and Ed G.,Tim needs X/C time so he's flying IFR. See you there Dave G.

Note, our lunch reservation is for 12:00, to give everyone time to get there. My count is 22; we may well have more.

I'll need an even bigger tailwind... :(

Besides, I can't go cuz I'm starting my commercial training tomorrow morning!
And then in the afternoon my Super Cub friend and I are going for a ride!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

(If it doesn't snow.)

Sounds like fun, though, HI everyone! I miss all these get-togethers.

--Kath

Back