Cape May - pix to make Anthony homesick!

What a great day for flying! Beautiful pictures.

Thanks for the pictures Bob and Dusty too:) WWD is on my list of stops for sure. How much is the cab ride downtown? Whats the distance? Possible ride with a bike?

We had a great flight to Cape May yesterday with a terrific lunch downtown. My wife Dusty got some really good pictures just to make Anthony homesick. San Francisco indeed :)

Actually Bob, I was just in Cape May for a long weekend and family reunion at our shore house the last week in July. The pics are great! But yes, it makes me homesick.

San Fran? Yep, but Philly is in the mix too. I could move into my old house down the road!

Thanks for the pictures Bob and Dusty too:) WWD is on my list of stops for sure. How much is the cab ride downtown? Whats the distance? Possible ride with a bike?

About 5 miles, definitely possible with a bike (it's flat as a pancake, too). Cab ride was $15. Pricey, I suppose, but cheap compared to what I paid our partnership for the use of the helo!

San Fran? Yep, but Philly is in the mix too. I could move into my old house down the road!

Oh, I hope so. Victory has been saving Hop Devil for you Anthony! Or I'd even spring for a growler of Sly Fox Rt. 113 IPA. Ummm. I can taste it now :cheers:

Oh, I hope so. Victory has been saving Hop Devil for you Anthony! Or I'd even spring for a growler of Sly Fox Rt. 113 IPA. Ummm. I can taste it now :cheers:

Hmm, like to try the Sly Fox. That must be new.

Hmm, like to try the Sly Fox. That must be new.

It's been around since we've been here, I think, but they don't always have it on tap. The Drafting Room occasionally has it as well. Makes Hop Devil taste like kids stuff. It's up there in alcohol content and taste with Stone's Ruination, Arrogant Bastard, and Rogue's Dead Guy Ale! Urrrrp...

I am planning on flying to Cape May next spring.. sounds like with all those beers I will have to make an overnight of it though!

nice photos...

I love that nineth photo..the one with the parallel lines of sand stick just above the water. Looks like an incredibly gorgeous flight!

http://www.slyfoxbeer.com/home.asp

I've been to the one in Phoenixville a few times. Nothing fancy, good beer and lots of it. Food was good too. Now that I think about it, maybe I'll drag the family over there this weekend.

AFA biking from KWWD, I think it's more than 5 miles. Usually takes me about 15mins to drive there from the beach. Still, it is indeed flat (except the bridge over the canal) and eminently bike-able. We vacation there every summer. I keep agitating my wife about getting a place there. We could fly down, keep a junker in the Big Sky parking lot, door-to-door in maybe 1.5hs. Sure beats driving.

Let's see, I spotted the barracks I lived in during boot camp, the quad I threw up on during boot camp, the air station (now closed) I worked at after boot camp, the beach I froze my cojones off on during the polar bear initiation, and lots of other fond memory makers.

Brings back some good thoughts of P-128, the biggest single company ever to go through the TRACEN.

I love that nineth photo..the one with the parallel lines of sand stick just above the water. Looks like an incredibly gorgeous flight!
My wife's responsible! I just fly the helo! And yes, it was fun, but then I can't think of a helicopter flight that wasn't :D

If any of you that are close to Cape May are free Thursday the 11th, maybe we can meet up. I will be there for my sons Coast Guard graduation which is on the 12th. I should have some free time Thursday evening or Friday before we head back to Missouri.

Let's see, I spotted the barracks I lived in during boot camp, the quad I threw up on during boot camp, the air station (now closed) I worked at after boot camp, the beach I froze my cojones off on during the polar bear initiation, and lots of other fond memory makers.

As a kid I used to trespass on the Coast Guard base on my walks on the beach from Wildwood Crest to Cape May. There was a chain link fence you had to climb that went down the beach into the water. Depending on the tide, you could sometime just walk in the water around it. Nobody ever said anything to us. Today, I'd probably get shot!

Speaking of Cape May and Wildwood, Shane and I are leaving tonight for a long weekend mini vacation. We are staying at the SeaGypsy in on East Magnolia in Wildwood (much cheeper then the places in Cape May) but looked really nice on the web site.

Any recomendations of stuff we shouldn't miss?

As a kid I used to trespass on the Coast Guard base on my walks on the beach from Wildwood Crest to Cape May. There was a chain link fence you had to climb that went down the beach into the water. Depending on the tide, you could sometime just walk in the water around it. Nobody ever said anything to us. Today, I'd probably get shot!

One of the reasons that section of beach (if I'm remembering correctly) was off limits was because it was downrange of the weapons firing area. A bad shot (and there are LOTS of them when they start out) can easily fire over the berms and send a bullet oceanward.

When I was stationed at the AirSta I lived on 220 E. Cresse Ave in Wildwood Crest. Had a short walk to the beach and boardwalk.

One of the reasons that section of beach (if I'm remembering correctly) was off limits was because it was downrange of the weapons firing area. A bad shot (and there are LOTS of them when they start out) can easily fire over the berms and send a bullet oceanward.

When I was stationed at the AirSta I lived on 220 E. Cresse Ave in Wildwood Crest. Had a short walk to the beach and boardwalk.

Yikes! :hairraise:

My family still has our house at 120 E. Lavender Road which is five blocks from Cresse into Wildwood Crest. It was fun living their as a kid, but that was a looong time ago.

Back