Cape Air Logging

Plus, as a private pilot, you probably didn't share pro-rata when you flew the plane, so that's a 61.113 when you logged the time since the FAA sees logging time as compensation.

But you paid for the flight...

I having a feeling that if the pilot had any say in the matter, the surest way to be assigned the last row of seats in the 402 is to identify yourself as a private pilot who "brought my own headphones and kneeboard".

Do you really think you had the most expensive ticket on the plane?

All you need is an equal share...

And in response to brad, I think if you're traveling with a flight bag anyway and happen to have a headset, it wouldn't look bad. Definitely don't pull out the knee board or try to help operate the engine controls or flaps! :no: :no: :no: You could also be helpful in looking for traffic.

All you need is an equal share...

And in response to brad, I think if you're traveling with a flight bag anyway and happen to have a headset, it wouldn't look bad. Definitely don't pull out the knee board or try to help operate the engine controls or flaps! :no: :no: :no: You could also be helpful in looking for traffic.

Except tickets are never always sold at the same prices. If anyone paid more than you, you're hosed.

I having a feeling that if the pilot had any say in the matter, the surest way to be assigned the last row of seats in the 402 is to identify yourself as a private pilot who "brought my own headphones and kneeboard".

Well they load the 402s by weight. On our honeymoon flight from BOS-MVY, I gor right front, and my wife was full aft in the left. She was upset that I wasn't more disappointed at being separated.

Except tickets are never always sold at the same prices. If anyone paid more than you, you're hosed.

Would it not be that you have to pay at least your share of the operating cost? So what if someone paid more? And they often don't sell them by the trip but by the round trip so that would get really hazy.

You only need to pay your pro rata share of the direct expenses of the flight, i.e., fuel, oil, and airport fees. I suspect nobody pays less than that.

You only need to pay your pro rata share of the direct expenses of the flight, i.e., fuel, oil, and airport fees. I suspect nobody pays less than that.

It may be a revenue losing flight if they don't fill it. In which case it is possible...but we are so far off the deep end now it's reedonkulous.

:D On out last trip to Ambergris Key in Belize, we took a Caravan from Belize City to the island. As we climbed on board, we wife told the pilot that I was a pilot also. He invited me to sit right seat with the admonition, "Don't touch anything!"

So I watched, took pictures, and (asking permission first) looked at the POH.

I guess I did a good job. He invited be up front for the return trip :)

Mark, which airline was that with the Caravans in Belize?

When I want to Placencia I parked the 310 at Tropic Air, and Maya Island Air was right next to it. Both flying Caravans, whose drivers were very confused to see a 310 at this 1900 x 25 strip. :)

Back