Capable Out-of-Production Twins

Which highly capable, out-of-production twins? (pick one or two)

• Aerostar

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Twin Commander (piston)

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Mojave

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • C310

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • C340

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Twin Bo

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our 600 is full deice, fast, goes high, good range, and not been a bit of a problem to maintain. A solid, good, fast, capable, enjoyable airplane.

I've heard they are VERY capable. The only caveat is the difficulty of flying one on one engine. Do you have any experience with that? Is it really dicey?

I've heard they are VERY capable. The only caveat is the difficulty of flying one on one engine. Do you have any experience with that? Is it really dicey?
Not any more so than any other twin. Just don't get it slow. They don't like slow at all.

No, it's not dicey at all, it does just fine on one. I've flown a 700P and two straight up 600s. This one is modified with VGs, changed out prop and governors and can pull 300hp a side. Nice airplane.

You just don't let an aerostar get slow when on one.....and it's fine..... :) All my time is in a 600.

You just don't let an aerostar get slow when on one.....and it's fine..... :) All my time is in a 600.

What did you think of the handling and capability, pitted against things like fuel burn, and operating cost?

Back