CAP to get retired A10's

Sounds like the CAP ,is looking for a more capable platform ,to detect drug runners. Seems like overkill foe SAR missions.

Awww, damn. They're removing the 30MM cannon. :(

Well, at least they won't look so silly with their flight suits.

A cap person can actually have that badass swagger climbing into this.

I'm still calling BS on it all though.

Lol

It's not April 1

Haha, very cool. :D

“The gross weight limits are outstanding. It’s no secret that not all of our pilots are young and lean. Once we have the GAU-8 30mm cannon removed, we’ll have weight allowance for our largest pilots,” Webster says. “Plus, they’re rugged and simple to repair. They’ll handle Solo Encampment a lot better than the 172s ever did. No more bent firewalls from botched landings.”

Apparently the linked article was penned by an ANN writer. The supposed comment of an Army general about the transfer sounds like one of their fabrications.

I doubt that a major general is running around dropping F bombs.

ANN reached out to Major General Lucas Perry, the Branch Chief of Army Aviation at his office at Fort Rucker. Alabama. When asked for a comment on the transfer of these assets, MG Perry replied, “[expletive] the Air Force. And [expletive] you.”

Apparently the linked article was penned by an ANN writer. The supposed comment of an Army general about the transfer sounds like one of their fabrications.

It took you until the last line to figure out that something wasn't quite right? :)

so uh, CAP here I come then?

Makes about as much sense as replacing it with the F35 as a ground support aircraft.

Last edited:
It took you until the last line to figure out that something wasn't quite right? :)

I just woke up, had to work overnight. After another Diet Coke I should become more aware of my surroundings.

:idea:

Not to mention the Army wouldn't care about the transfer anyway. They're prohibited from obtaining tactical jet aircraft. Even if they were authorized to take them, they wouldn't be able to afford them.

Surprised this article didn't come from Dufflebag.

Got a friend who's a BG (MG selectee) and HE does.

Of course, he is capable of NOT using the word unless the audience is appropriate.

Ron Wanttjaa

Detect drug runners with no 30mm !!! Why bother !! :)

So I just need to get my ME rating and join CAP? SWEEEEEEEET!
Oh wait, you say they removed the cannon?
Sigh. Well, okay, I'll still fly it.
:D

Seems like someone doesn't know a joke site when they see it…

Considering the hoops they make us jump through to qualify in a glass panel 182, I can't imagine what they would require to qualify in a combat jet!

Back