Can't Submit IACRA for ATP - No Night Total or AMEL Total

Skid

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Skid
I have my ATP ride coming up as part of an airline training program. I'm trying to submit my application on IACRA, but the fields appear to be...incomplete.

61.159 specifies 100 hours total night and 50 hours total AMEL, both of which I have. IACRA however only asks for PIC for both of these, which I'm short on based strictly on that. So when submitting I get this message:

"Must have at least 50 hours in combined AMEL Class Hours and FFS Class Hours (no more than 25 hours from FFS)."

Is there some unwritten rule or guidance of how to submit so that it lets me proceed? Input it all as PIC, split it PIC and the rest in SIC, etc.

Reached out to my training department for guidance, but no response yet. Appreciate any help from someone who has faced this before.

Thanks

How would you put “the rest in SIC” if it “only asks for PIC”?

Sorry there are two places, AMEL PIC and AMEL SIC. There's unfortunately no Total AMEL, which is what the reg specifies. When I was in training, it was neither PIC nor SIC. But SIC would seem more...appropriate?...to put my dual received time as between the two to satisfy IACRA. I don't like it either, but someone from an old training class was fairly certain that's what the training department said to do.

I appreciate the link. The only thing that is really referenced in here is a slide that states:

"While it is permissible to substitute some criteria (i.e sim time, night takeoffs and landings, etc. in order to meet the ATP requirements you must show that time in the required blocks or the FAA will not accept the application

- For example you may substitute up to 25 hours of night takeoffs and landings beyond the first 20 hours in order to meet the 100 hours of Night. However, you must show 100 hours of Night in the 'Night PIC/SIC' block"
But again, as an extreme example, if I was an awful private pilot and needed 100 hours of night instruction, both of those fields would be 0, but I'd still satisfy 61.159 with the 100 hours of total night.

Back