Can't stay logged on...

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
I log on with name and p/w, with the 'remember me' box checked, but when I leave the site or timeout, I get logged off. Each time I have to log on again.

I use Mozilla, and this function did work for a long time until just about a week ago. Other forums (AOPA, and Purple) work OK.

I think the cookie settings are fine, but can't figure out what started it.

I'll be interested in the response. This happened to me quite awhile ago but i just lived with it.

I log on with name and p/w, with the 'remember me' box checked, but when I leave the site or timeout, I get logged off. Each time I have to log on again.

I use Mozilla, and this function did work for a long time until just about a week ago. Other forums (AOPA, and Purple) work OK.

I think the cookie settings are fine, but can't figure out what started it.

What are your settings for accepting and clearing cookies?

Also did you ever set the cookie acceptance for this site to "session only".

I believe that if you delete the PoA cookies then log in again it will ask you what to do if you have that option set.

Everybody that we've seen have this problem since the upgrade (2-3 weeks ago) has fixed it by clearing out the PoA cookie and then logging in again. Can you try actually clearing our cookie and logging in again and then we'll go from there if it's still happening? If you need help figuring out how to clear the cookie, post your OS and browser version and I'll post instructions.

Everybody that we've seen have this problem since the upgrade (2-3 weeks ago) has fixed it by clearing out the PoA cookie and then logging in again. Can you try actually clearing our cookie and logging in again and then we'll go from there if it's still happening? If you need help figuring out how to clear the cookie, post your OS and browser version and I'll post instructions.

Firefox 3.6.8

I just cleared the PoA cookie (I think - I'm new to Firefox), I'll log out and back in.

I didn't really log out - I just closed and restarted the browser.

I think that did it - I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow. I was able to re-start the browser and saw that I'm still logged in.

Thanks for the help.

I didn't really log out - I just closed and restarted the browser.

I think that did it - I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow. I was able to re-start the browser and saw that I'm still logged in.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds good...let me know if you still have problems.

Back