Can't post with Firefox

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
I downloaded firefox and used it for awhile. Beginning yesterday, I couldn't post on the board. Noticed it wouldn't do a lot of things concerning the download of info on other sites.

I'm back on Explorer now. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? It shows I'm logged on, but when I click to write or do anything, nothing happens.

Dave

are you getting a little box across the top of the screen under the menu bar that says "Firefox has blocked a popup" or something similar?

gkainz said:
are you getting a little box across the top of the screen under the menu bar that says "Firefox has blocked a popup" or something similar?

I use Firefox with adblock and don't have a problem. If your are getting the error above and are able to fix it great. Something else to try is to delete your cookies. On one occasion I have had the cookie from a vbullliten site interact with a cookie from another vbuliten site and neither would work. Clearing out the cookies resolved the issue.

What error message is it giving you? Did you verify you are logged in as yourself?

Start at verifying cookies active.

Tools - options - privacy
If you want, you can not allow sites to set cookies then use the exceptions button to allow the POA site as an exception to the rule.

I'm blocking popups and using it with no problems.

While you're in there, go to web features (just below privacy) and deactivate the 'allow sites to install software' option lest some slimeball site loads crap on your system

I've had this problem too. In my case the cure is to go to Tools-Options-Privacy and where it says Cache hit Clear.

Don't have any idea why it works, but it does for me. :yes:

I've been using Firefox and Mozilla for years and it works fine on these webboards. Sometimes it's necessary to clear the cache when things misbehave.

Tools:Options/Privacy/Cache:clear.

maybe it's a cookie issue? Can you login? If so, when you leave the site and come back, are you still logged in?

vbulletin (the forum software) uses cookies to remember your login info. You can modify cookie settings here:

Tools->options->privacy->cookies-> allow sites to set cookies.

Seems to be working now! I did clear the cashe. I would go to this box and when I pushed keys, nothing happened. Go to advanced, couldn't get anything to happen when I pushed the keys. Don't know what it was, but I'm back up now.

Dave

Back