can't post quick replies

judypilot

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Judy Parrish
For some reason, it's not letting me post quick replies (I can post regular replies). I get a message saying "posting reply please wait" but it never posts.

Judy

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

P.P.S. As long as I'm over here in tech support, let me tell you about something else annoying that strikes me as a programming glitch, not that I know anything about that. When I click on a thread, it appears, then disappears, then reappears, etc. at least a couple of times before it finally settles in to loading. A LOT of web sites used to do this, but I haven't seen it for awhile anywhere but here. It's kind of annoying to have to wait through all that.

Last edited:
Greebo said:
Browser type and version please?

Explorer 5.2 for the Mac, running OSX. Yeah, I know it's out of date, but they aren't updating it for the Mac. I haven Netscape around here somewhere, but for some reason it's clunkier on dial-up (no wireless or DSL around here), so I use Explorer, mostly. I also have Safari 1.0, which I didn't try.

Hey, I don't want a larger avatar, but I wouldn't mind sending you a "membership fee". How much and where to?

Judy

Sorry Judy - got back burnered.

First off, I have a software update pending for vBulletin - I need to see if that addresses any known mac issues.

Secondly, is this a new development in the last few days (before your post, that is)? Or did this start with our upgrade to 3.5.x?

Bad news:
vBulletin forums said:
GoTTi Jun 24th 2005 1:43pm i just tried to do qucik reply on mac IE and its taking me to a reply page with quote of the post i click the quick reply button.
vBulletin Developer
Product Manager Kier Jun 25th 2005 6:45am I did some tests a while back and it appears that Mac IE has never worked with Quick Reply, even in 3.0.x versions.

However, as this has (to my knowledge) never been reported before, it would indicate that the user base for Mac IE is minutely small.

As Microsoft no longer supports the browser and is no longer actively developing it, I believe that to go through all the workarounds required to make Mac IE work would be a waste of developer resources, which could be better spent working on issues that affect far larger numbers of users.
This suggests that no fix will be coming for your particular situation.

How about firefox for mac? Is there a mac version?

Last edited:
Well, interestingly, the problem seems to have fixed itself. One of those gremlins. Actually, given the complexity of these kinds of programs, I'm surprised there aren't more gremlins.

Judy

Back