Display Name

Display name:
Big Bird
I get this message when I try to attach a photo:

"Copy to file system directory failed"

Is that on my end, or yours?

jpg. about 700 KB

Thanks

I've had that problem from the begining!?! Normally I'm really good with this kind of stuff but every picture I've used so far I have to host on another site and import the picture...not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Can you please walk me through the exact steps you're taking, and the response from the server at each stage?

It's very difficult to guess at what is going wrong without first knowing what proceedures you are following. :)

Greebo said:
Can you please walk me through the exact steps you're taking, and the response from the server at each stage?

It's very difficult to guess at what is going wrong without first knowing what proceedures you are following. :)

After I make a post I go back and edit the post. Go to Manage Attachments...browse for attachment...click upload...a message pops up that reads "(File name) Copy to file system directory failed.)"

It does this on all attachments small-large, jpg-doc.

How big are the files you are attempting to upload?

Later edit - I think I see whats happening - now I need to figure out how to fix it... :/

Last edited:
I think we've got this licked now...

attachment test again.

Looks like it.

Was a configuration error - apache was running with the wrong user info.

Greebo said:
I think we've got this licked now...

attachment test again.

Looks like it.

Was a configuration error - apache was running with the wrong user info.

It's WORKING !!!

Thanks a lot Chuck...I thought I was doing something wrong the entire time...this is why my girlfriend always gets mad at me on trips because I won't ask for directions :D

Iceman said:
It's WORKING !!!

Thanks a lot Chuck...I thought I was doing something wrong the entire time...this is why my girlfriend always gets mad at me on trips because I won't ask for directions :D

Very cool! Thanks Chuck!

Joe Williams said:
At the beach on Mommy's Day.

Attachment Test

Who among us doesn't have the C172 poster from Sporty's?
Yer lucky Joe, my wife won't let me pull mine from out of the closet. :rolleyes:

Frank Browne said:
Who among us doesn't have the C172 poster from Sporty's?
Yer lucky Joe, my wife won't let me pull mine from out of the closet. :rolleyes:

That one is in her classroom. We also have one in Sean's bedroom. I lobbied for one in our bedroom, but that didn't go over so well LOL.

Back