Can't find this on the VFR chart legend

MD11Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MD11Pilot
i know that it is a remote comm for contacting center but I cannot find a description.

Trying to attach a screenshot. It looks like a postage stamp just east of Harrison AR. KHRO
I know what it is but cannot find it on the legend etc.

Yep - Center frequency for that sector. Handy when you want to know who to call for Flight Following. Nice addition to the VFR charts in the latest update to Foreflight. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0969.PNG
    IMG_0969.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
Trying to attach a screenshot. It looks like a postage stamp just east of Harrison AR. KHRO
I know what it is but cannot find it on the legend etc.
It it's the symbol @Pilawt attached, you aren't finding it on the VFR chart legend because it's not a VFR chart symbol. It's an IFR chart symbol.
Here's the symbol from the Low Enroute Chart legend.

1.PNG

Don't expect a chart created entirely by ForeFlight to be consistent with either the FAA's IFR or VFR charts. It can be expected to have elements of one of them, neither of them or both of them.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I have been looking at a San Antonio sectional, AIM, Flying Handbook etc. to find that symbol.

How do you attach a screenshot?

Last edited:
It's on the IFR enroute charts, always handy for that long period of silence when you realize you haven't talked to ATC in awhile, and you should be on approach. :D

It's on the IFR enroute charts, always handy for that long period of silence when you realize you haven't talked to ATC in awhile, and you should be on approach. :D
I was on a UAL flight DEN -> BUR in the 1990s, and listening on Ch. 9. After a long silence, the crew of my flight tried to call Center, with no response. Then they called Grand Junction Tower to ask what was the Center frequency in this sector. :rolleyes:

It it's the symbol @Pilawt attached, you aren't finding it on the VFR chart legend because it's not a VFR chart symbol. It's an IFR chart symbol.
Here's the symbol from the Low Enroute Chart legend.

View attachment 49563

Don't expect a chart created entirely by ForeFlight to be consistent with either the FAA's IFR or VFR charts. It can be expected to have elements of one of them, neither of them or both of them.

It is new to NACO VFR charts, Mark, and a welcome addition. Go to www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/acf/ to learn about more new goodies to be added to charts.

Bob

How do you attach a screenshot?
I'm not sure what kind of device you are using, but try clicking on "Upload a File" below the reply box. Click on "Choose File". Do you see the choice "Photo Library"?

...although in this case, @bobmrg, as far as I can tell from looking at the FAA chart, the symbol is from FF, not the sectional which would explain its absence from the sectional legend.

There is a real possibility that I am cracking up in my old age. I have looked at the minutes of the Aeronautical Chart Forum for as far back as they are available and I cannot find where publishing Center freqs on sectionals was discussed. But I read it, honest! Further investigation is needed.

Bob

There is a real possibility that I am cracking up in my old age. I have looked at the minutes of the Aeronautical Chart Forum for as far back as they are available and I cannot find where publishing Center freqs on sectionals was discussed. But I read it, honest! Further investigation is needed.

Bob
Yeah, I noticed (it wasn't there, not that you are cracking up!)

But I do thank you for that link. I've had things forwarded to me from the forums before but never was on the site itself. I've also subscribed.

I was browsing through some of the material and one of my favorite "picky" items is there, initiated by our friend John Colllins - that the MEAs on SIDs and STARs aren't really MEAs, and should be fixed in some manner.

Yeah, I noticed (it wasn't there, not that you are cracking up!)

But I do thank you for that link. I've had things forwarded to me from the forums before but never was on the site itself. I've also subscribed.

I was browsing through some of the material and one of my favorite "picky" items is there, initiated by our friend John Colllins - that the MEAs on SIDs and STARs aren't really MEAs, and should be fixed in some manner.

I asked John to look into this and he came up empty. I had my head x-rayed and they didn't find anything (rim shot).

Bob

Back