Canning Sprint Broadband

Anymouse

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Total Stud Bush Pilot
Sprint continues to tick me off. I think I read on here that if I move out of their service area, that I can cut them off without paying the early disconnect fee. Is there any truth to that? If I can do it, is there anything special that I need to do?

Sprint continues to tick me off. I think I read on here that if I move out of their service area, that I can cut them off without paying the early disconnect fee. Is there any truth to that? If I can do it, is there anything special that I need to do?

I don't know about their broadband service, but I had my cell phone through Sprint when I was living in Iowa. When I moved out here to New England, though, I got hardly any, if no service whatsoever. I called their customer service line. Pressed zero about nine hundred times until I got a person. Told "Bob" that I couldn't get any service and wanted to cancel my plan. He tried to sell me a newer phone. I explained that it wasn't the phone, it was the area. He told me about how great the new phone would be. I told him even the map online says that they have "unverified service" out here (meaning none). He offered me a new extended plan with unlimited roaming, so I could keep using this phone. I told him I could hardly even get a roaming signal. He told me that the new phone would get fantastic service compared to my old phone. I told him that their website said otherwise. He asked if I wanted a new local phone number with my new phone. I asked for someone in the billing/ordering/canceling department.

After about 20 minutes on hold, I got a very nice, grandmotherly sounding lady. I explained to her where I was living now and that I couldn't get hardly any reception. She typed something into the computer, appologized for the lack of service, and said that at the end of the billing cycle (about a week and a half in the future) they would cancel my plan at no charge or penalty. I thanked her and said goodbye. Then yelled FU to Sprint, and hello to Verizon.

I would assume they have a similar policy for broadband.

Or just go for an unlimited roaming plan and roam unlimited (which costs them like $1-$2 a minute) until they cancel your service.

I'm using Sprint broadband, what is it about it that's ticking you off?

googled "sprint EFT" when I was fighting the early termination fees they shafted me with... if you can believe everything you read on the net :) then it's true. Good luck.

Back