Canard Forum(s)?

jhausch

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jhausch
The "Most Economical" thread got me wondering if there is/was an equivalent to VAF for the Canard Community. I've seen a few forums, but the content and participation seem to be all over the place.

If there is no VAF equivalent, does anyone have opinions on the various boards/forums out there?

Ugh... yahoo email groups... :(

maybe I just don't know how to use them right...

Last edited:
canardaviation.com isn't very friendly, or very useful. It's sort of taken over by two or three overlords and whatever they say is final authority. I didn't fit into the mold well, so I left.

Most of the board left, and that is a real shame. I am in CSA and find that very helpful, we well as cozy list that Marc runs.

Who are you by the way?

Most of the board left, and that is a real shame. I am in CSA and find that very helpful, we well as cozy list that Marc runs.

Who are you by the way?

Who are you?

Ugh... yahoo email groups... :(

maybe I just don't know how to use them right...

Maybe not, here's the correct way:
1. Use gmail or a real email client of your choice
2. Send an email with the title "subscribe" to canard-aviators-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
3. Set up a filter rule in gmail or your client to file the messages neatly away
4. Never ever try to do anything through the BS yahoo web interface.

Thanks, All.

Any Long EZ owners around Milwaukee or Madison WI willing to chat?

Thanks, All.

Any Long EZ owners around Milwaukee or Madison WI willing to chat?

I am a good deal south of you in Roanoke Virginia. There are a few canards down here. If you find yourself in the area, look me up. I would be happy to talk with you about the airplane, and weather permitting, maybe take a flight.

I am a good deal south of you in Roanoke Virginia. There are a few canards down here. If you find yourself in the area, look me up. I would be happy to talk with you about the airplane, and weather permitting, maybe take a flight.

Thanks. I appreciate the offer.

Most of the Canard forums are either old guys that know it all and get into p***ing contests over anything, or new builders that know more than Burt and are redesigning the whole plane. After all these years most the best mods are done and tested, the rest failed but these new guys, and they take over some forums, have to try all new ideas and won't listen to advice from those old guys that know. Weird group and I gave up on most of them long ago. I find the RV guys more interesting though much less experimental or knowledgeable due to the fact that most just rivet together kits that are practically prebuilt rather then spending years building every part from scratch like a canard. Fortunately at my field I have a couple RV and Rocket guys that have been working on aircraft for 30+ years and totally know their stuff. So they are a huge source of info and advice.
The cool canard guys and gals don't do forums but you'll find them, like I have, if you're around these wonderful planes long enough. The really chatty ones are rarely worth reading.

Last edited:
Back