Canadian engine

and ... what do you want for your 2900 hour core engine?

Bad wording on my part. I should have said 1000 hours past factory reccomended TBO. (actually it's more, at 2900 hours SMOH)
IIRC the O-300 is 1800 TBO.
But anyway, do you have any input as to the engine swap with one OHd in Canada?

Go for it, there is nothing wrong with using a Canadian rebuilt.
simply be certain you get the proper logs. and the proper entries for your installation.

FAA AC 43-10C helps as well.
AC-43-10C has no bearing on this subject.
Because as soon as the engine is placed in service on a "N" numbered aircraft it becomes an American engine. And then who overhauled it becomes irrelevant.
If I were maintaining a Canadian aircraft I would be subject to 43-10 as to an A&P working on a Canadian aircraft. That engine is not a product of Canada, it was manufactured in the US.

It's an overhaul product of Canada, we have a Bilateral Airworthiness Agreement with Canada. It better come with a Canadian cetrificate of airworthiness.

and ... what do you want for your 2900 hour core engine?
Well, I haven't pulled the trigger on the airplane yet, But if I do, I may OH it and put it on the shelf for future use.
But, I figure a core has some value, not sure how much as a core sold outright. Then again it may not even be worth it's value in scrap.

It's an overhaul product of Canada, we have a Bilateral Airworthiness Agreement with Canada. It better come with a Canadian cetrificate of airworthiness.
The data tag says it is a 0-300 by TCM. it does not matter who overhauled it. The installer declares airworthiness, they need no Canadian paper to do that.

Canadian M1 AME.
An engine should always have a logbook. Of course the logbook is only as good as the person who kept it up.
Fresh overhauls will typically have a Form 1 for certification as part of the logbook.
A used engine should have an up to date logbook and a Form 1 certifying its condition. ("Removed servicable from aircraft XXX with XX hours since new/overhaul. Last inspection completed at XXXX as per CAR 625 Appendix B & C.") The logbook should have a complete list of AD's.
If no AMO is involved, then most likely only an up to date logbook will be found.

Canadian M1 AME.
An engine should always have a logbook. Of course the logbook is only as good as the person who kept it up.
Fresh overhauls will typically have a Form 1 for certification as part of the logbook.
A used engine should have an up to date logbook and a Form 1 certifying its condition. ("Removed servicable from aircraft XXX with XX hours since new/overhaul. Last inspection completed at XXXX as per CAR 625 Appendix B & C.") The logbook should have a complete list of AD's.
If no AMO is involved, then most likely only an up to date logbook will be found.
They are nice to have, and should be used but they are not required down here to declare airworthiness.

Back